Pat and Paul's Missouri adventure

Started by sakorick, May 28, 2014, 03:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

They made it in at 2000 Hrs last night.....not much sleep. Today, the fly rods will be in action.....target is spawning giant Bluegills. This post will continue with pictures until Friday. God is good! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

sakorick

Day one launching. Pat forgot his hat, Paul forgot his spinning reels, Rick to the rescue and nobody got wet. Pat had already caught a 12 inch bluegill on his flyrod. Menu for tonight is grilled venison loins. Last night we had Crappie and this morning Eric fixed Firehouse SOS.....yum! More action later as the saga continues...

recoil junky

I do wish I could have made the trip. :cry: The more  HB tried to convince me to come, I was edging ever closer to giving in.

Have a great time guys!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

West pond morning results. In addition to Pats 1 pound 2 Ounce Bluegill, they nailed 3 two pound bass on flyrods.

davidlt89

I take it this was the fishing trip that got postponed earlier???? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup:sweet......i love pan fish........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

sakorick

These were the 2 giants they caught last night. I may have them mounted. The top one was 10 inches and weighed 1 pound and 8 ounces with a girth of 4 1/4, the bottom one was 10 1/4 inches and weighed 1 pound 12 ounces with a girth of 4 3/4. Beauties!

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

Day 2 summary. They were on the "Beaver Pond" early in the morning and they tore up the bass all day long. We had Rick's ham and cheese omelets for breakfast and grilled Pork Chops for supper. They ended up catching and releasing over 50 fish......no accurate number was recorded.

sakorick

Day 3 started off with a bang! We shot Makarofs, Tokarevs(Polish and Romanian) High Standard 22 military, 1911 National Match, Walther P1, 44 snubby, then transitioned to Evans 10/22 and capped off the shooting with my Stevens 416. The Stevens 416 is an 80 year old US Property trainer with a 80 year old Unertl scope. Pat shot 4 in one hole and the first shot was 1/2" high. We made a scope adjustment and Paul shot a one ragged hole 5 shot group, 5 tens with two X's. All good things must come to an end and after 2 hours of basting caps, the boys took off for the West pond at 0845. Everyone shot the High Standard the best at 50 yards some rather amazing groups. The 7.62x25 Tokarevs were also a hit as Pat and Paul had never shot one before. They are both in the market for one and I imagine Pat will be hitting the pawn shops hard when he gets home. The Sphinx Moth was undisturbed  and slept through the entire shooting session. Bela checked every target.

Hunterbug

We have had more fun than is allowed by law. When I get home tomorrow I'll post a few more pictures. My last cast of the trip resulted in a bass that was over 2 pounds, on a fly rod.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Another beauty.

sakorick

And one more.

JaDub

Awesome trip guys !   Sorry I was out of town ( north woods of Minnesota was calling ).  

Those sunnies  were HOGS !    

JaDub

22hornet

Man you guys are living the dream. Kicking back, fishing, shooting, what you need now is a big bon fire to sit around , have a few drinks and tell stories all night. :MOGRIN:

Keep the posts coming!
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Tags: