Remington Recall

Started by recoil junky, April 16, 2014, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

Remington has a recall on certain M700's and Model Sevens.

http://xmprecall.remington.com/

Recall notice:

http://xmprecall.remington.com/pdfs/xmprecall-notice.pdf

I have one that will need to be repaired. I've sent them my information and got this email in reply:

"Remington will send you pre-paid shipping tags, boxes and written instructions. Remington will cover all related shipping, inspection, and repair charges to your rifle. Please do not return your rifle to Remington before receiving the shipping tags, as the shipping tags will be marked to expedite delivery of your rifle to the specific Remington facility dedicated to this recall program."

So if you have one of the rifles with the "new" trigger it would be worth you time to check it out.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Thanks, RJ!

I haven't bought a new 700 in quite a while, so this probably doesn't effect me, but I'll have a look.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I filled out my info on monday night! I have to send my XCR II in!!! any guns manufactured from 2006-2014 with the xmark pro trigger will most likely have to be sent in. They are also giving 40% discount in their store, but I lost my code so I won't be using it.
they are paying for everything but still a "hassle" to take the scope and rings off. They are sending the box and the tags and covering all shipping and handling. Small price to pay for a "safe" trigger I guess. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

I "know" a local smith that is pretty Remington savvy and I might just take it to him and have him do it. Might be worth the few bucks for a quicker turn around. I might have a look my self even though it says not to.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

I have the three Model 700 Classics in 8x57 Mauser that were made ONLY in 2004. The question is whether or not they have the X-Mark Pro triggers. I doubt it, but I'll call Remington tomorrow and see.

Paul

Ah... The Classics' triggers are ribbed. No recall.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteThe question is whether or not they have the X-Mark Pro triggers.
they don't, or should not. The x-mark did not come around until 2006!
Quotebut I'll call Remington tomorrow and see.
go to the remington page and go the recall page. type in your serial numbers and it will instantly tell you whether or not your rifle is affected. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Don't need to. Their page shows triggers. If the trigger is ribbed, no recall. If it is smooth, recalled. The Classics' are ribbed.

If the X-Mark Pro didn't come out 'til 2006, why does the recall go back to 2004?:huh2::stars::huh:

Paul

Silly me! I thought recall went back to 2004. Does NOT! Only goes back to 2006. Classics in 8x57 were made in only one year - 2004. Waste of my time.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

:sarc:

I guess 'they' will know where ~800000 rifles are at the end of this recall...

:sarcoff:
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: gitano;132065I have the three Model 700 Classics in 8x57 Mauser that were made ONLY in 2004. The question is whether or not they have the X-Mark Pro triggers. I doubt it, but I'll call Remington tomorrow and see.

Paul

Ah... The Classics' triggers are ribbed. No recall.

Paul

You sure 3 is enough Paul :grin:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

My 35 Whelen was made in 1988 so I didn't bother to look it up. I'm still irked that they never made the 22 Hornet.:eek: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;132074You sure 3 is enough Paul :grin:

Well... since you asked, NO! I was just on GunBroker (as a result of this thread), checking out the availability of them. Found three of them, all in excess of $750. One for $900. Of course that's "asking", it ain't "getting".

I like the cartridge, I like the rifle. What can I say?:COOLdude:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

There was an offer a couple of years ago for the complete set of "New In the Box" "Classics". $18,000. Actually, not a bad price. I sincerely wish I had had the financial resources to make the purchase.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;132080There was an offer a couple of years ago for the complete set of "New In the Box" "Classics". $18,000. Actually, not a bad price. I sincerely wish I had had the financial resources to make the purchase.

Paul

I remember that....It worked out to $720/gun. Unfortunately I was paying off my farm at the time so it was out of the question. I also have a 8-57 and they only made 2248 of them. They made 8800 35 Whelens so you see them pop up all the time. They are great guns with the exception of the bolt release. The fewest made was the .308 and was the last year. Here is the complete list. Regards, Rick.

Date code . Year . . . .Cartridge. . . Production Total
 . . . B . . . . .1981 . . 7x57 Mauser . . . 2018
 . . . C . . . . .1982 . . 257 Roberts  . . . 6561
 . . . D . . . . .1983 . . 300 H&H . . . . . . 5846
 . . . E . . . . .1984 . . 250 Savage . . . .5742
 . . . F . . . . .1985 . . 350 Rem Mag. . . 5756
 . . . G . . . . .1986 . . 264 Win Mag. . . 3468
 . . . H . . . . .1987 . . 338 Win Mag . . .4792
 . . . I . . . . . 1988 . . 35 Whelen . . . . .8805
 . . . J . . . . . 1989 . . 300 Weatherby. 10,779
 . . . K . . . . .1990 . . 25-06 . . . . . . . . .6935
 . . . L . . . . . 1991 . . 7mm Weatherby. 3092
 . . . M . . . . .1992 . . 220 Swift . . . . . .7594
 . . . N . . . . .1993 . . 222 Rem . . . . . . 2021
 . . . O . . . . .1994 . . 6.5x55 Mauser . .3858
 . . . P . . . . . 1995 . . 300 Win Mag . . .4232
 . . . Q . . . . .1996 . . 375 H&H . . . . . . 3102
 . . . R . . . . . 1997 . . 280 Rem. . . . . . .1917
 . . . S . . . . . 1998 . . 8mm Rem Mag . .2133
 . . . T . . . . . 1999 . . 17 Rem . . . . . . . 3022
 . . . U . . . . . 2000 . . 223 Rem . . . . . . 3570
 . . . W . . . . .2001 . . 7mm-08 . . . . . . .2682
 . . . X . . . . . 2002 . . .221 Fireball . . . .3567
 . . . Y . . . . . 2003 . . .300 Sav . . . . . . 4036
 . . . Z . . . . . 2004 . . .8x57 Mauser . . .2248
 . . . A . . . . . 2005. . . 308 Win . . . . . . 1479

Cumulative 25 year total: 105,981

Paul, we may want to move this data to the Ref Library. It's good to know info for Remington fans!

Done! And reformatted for easier viewing by folks like me.

Paul

gitano

Some of the choices baffle me, like 8mm RM, 7mm Weatherby, and 300 Weatherby, and some of the production numbers are baffling, like 300 Weatherby! and 300 Savage.

Sure wish I could have gotten that NIB collection. As I recall now, I think the .257 Roberts was missing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

They actually make no sense. And no Hornet..... a classic that goes back to the 30's and fills the niche between 22WRF and the 222/223. I have stewed about this all afternoon and have decided to build a custom Hornet as I have a great Mauser Action and only need a barrel. I sure wished I had one of those Yugo intermediate actions.......now I'm thinking, and moving this post to the Firearms and Optics for Opinions and advice. Regards, Rick.

Tags: