English language giggles, again!

Started by drinksgin (deceased), March 31, 2014, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

I am having several episodes of giggles again, every evening the news has an alleged English speaker going on and on about "Qualr Lumpr".
Where do the extra "R,s " come from?
:MOGRIN:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

It ain't just the Brits! There are a ton of Americans - Bostonians and other easterners - that add an extra "r" where they don't exist on the end of words ending in an "ah" sound. "Lawr", "Sawr", etc. GENERALLY, the newscasters in the US don't have that speech impediment. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

As far as mass, or is that mess, people,remember, as you enter Pennsylvania from that place, there is a bill board that says,"Welcome to the United States!"

22hornet

It's the way the R's come off the tongue.

I like the way the yanks say "secont" (second) and "ninedy" (ninety).

And the kiwi's "fush and chups" (fish and chips) and the word six. :nana:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

drinksgin (deceased)

Where I am from, you are more likely to hear,"un momento" than" just a second".
;)

Paul Hoskins

It seems to me a lot of newscasters lately are Brit's. & they can't speak English. Piers Morgan comes to mind. I literally despise the fellow. As for New Englanders, most of them don't pronounce their R's. A lady friend asked me to move my truck once because I had her "paking" spot & she couldn't "pak my ca." Her husband had to translate she couldn't park her car. .....Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Another little thing to giggle over is the letter"H", seems G.B. and Spain have a problem with it, just cannot seem to be able to pronounce it.
"'Is 'Iness, Prince ' Arry", comes to mind in G.B. and "'ombre", in Spanish, as well as several other examples.
Oh. Joe, I cannot properly identify Piers here without being banned for life plus 20 years!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Hey Don it was about as polite as I could get.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Paul Hoskins

Agreed he's no newscaster. What Don said plus much more. Wouldn't mind meeting him in a dark ally. .....Paul H

davidlt89

QuoteAs for New Englanders, most of them don't pronounce their R's. A lady friend asked me to move my truck once because I had her "paking" spot & she couldn't "pak my ca." Her husband had to translate she couldn't park her car.
I don't find that hard to understand!!!!!:grin: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: