Bummed out

Started by sakorick, January 10, 2014, 05:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

It's to cold to ice fish and there is 5 inches of snow on the ground. It's sleeted or snowed every day this year. It's to miserable to do any shooting and I couldn't change the targets anyway. The dogs are grumpy and so am I. Propane has gone up to $2.09 so I turned the thermostat down and now wearing long johns and a sweater in the house. And now to make matters just even worse, it's going to sleet this morning and change over to rain this afternoon which will turn my farm into a quagmire. I've talked to God about this but he must be taking care of people worse off than I am. We are only gaining 1.5 minutes of daylight today and it seem like it's dark all the time. I've had a bad cold and cabin fever has kicked it badly. Here is what it looks like in my front yard right now. Woe is me! :help:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

drinksgin (deceased)

Oh well, it's only about 100+ days until it will be nice again.
Just think good thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You COULD take a vacation to a warmer spot.

;):MOGRIN:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

recoil junky

Yeah, come see me. I've got snow to shovel and I shoot when I can see the target board even if it's only the 30 yard one.

Still need to go after wabbits, my 45-70 need to go for a walk.

It's snowing right now and the county plow just went by so I'd best get out and clean up his mess with the snow blower.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

drinksgin (deceased)

Rick, if it will make you feel any better, they just filled my propane tank, $2.70 a gallon!
RJ, just going to put the pore little things out of their misery, huh?

22hornet

We have had a fair bit on the news here about the cold snaps in the US. Doesn't look good. :no: I hope it clears up soon.

Not meaning to rub it in but we are having beautiful weather, temps between 28-32deg. Great times drinking ales and swimming in the pool and river. :grin: Anyone want to come over?

Rick, can I ask why you have a bowling ball hanging from your front porch?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

drinksgin (deceased)

I think that is a glass net float, not a bowling ball.
A thing the Japanese have used in the past, and may still do .

Jorge in Oz

Sorry to hear your woes Rick but I love the size of your front yard. I'd hate to mow it but I guess you must have a tractor and slasher to do that job. How big is your block(s)?

They are forecasting 3 days in a row of 40+ degrees celsius next week and we were supposed to go the Australian Open (tennis) with the missus. I don't fancy sitting in the sun in that kind of weather.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

sakorick

Quote from: Jorge in Oz;130337Sorry to hear your woes Rick but I love the size of your front yard. I'd hate to mow it but I guess you must have a tractor and slasher to do that job. How big is your block(s)?

They are forecasting 3 days in a row of 40+ degrees celsius next week and we were supposed to go the Australian Open (tennis) with the missus. I don't fancy sitting in the sun in that kind of weather.

I guess my block is 171 acres. I live on my farm. I feel very better now as my lower came in for my AR. Drop down to the firearms thread and take a look. Regards to all who cheered me up! Rick.:D
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

QuoteRegards to all who cheered me up! Rick.
Rick, did not know what there was to be down about my friend?
QuoteIt's to cold to ice fish
those words don't exist to a lot of people up here!
Quote5 inches of snow on the ground
?????? Its winter buddy:) We had almost 3' on the ground until the inch of rain last sunday. it was nice because it took about a foot of snow. got a nice hard pack to check traps on now. Better than walking in snow over my knees!!!
Quoteit's going to sleet this morning and change over to rain
We are scheduled for 1-2" of rain tomorrow then turning to sleet!!!
I should show you my front yard, it might cheer you up:)
Remember, its always worse somewhere else!
QuoteI've talked to God
Just knowing he Loves you unconditionally should put a smile on your face!!!!:)
now get out there and get some fish so we can see some pictures!! (and please understand I am "funnin" with ya!!!, winter can get depressing) God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: