Oh no!

Started by drinksgin (deceased), January 06, 2014, 09:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

I wish you people would keep your cold up where you enjoy it!
I am afraid my 7 year old orange trees are gone.
The variety is supposed to take 24-25' without killing, but it was 30' at midnight, 20' at 7am and did not get up to 32' until 12 noon. Lowest in 7 years was 27'.
At least the peppers and tomatoes are safe in the heated greenhouse.
:toilet::angry:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

It's 35 degrees F here today...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

-11 this morning, -3 at noon.:stare: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

drinksgin (deceased)

Paul, are you trying to make me feel better, if so, you ain't doing it!

Hunterbug

It's 21 right now. It was 1 when I woke up this morning.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

drinksgin (deceased)

I don't suppose you lost any orange trees?
;<)

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Paul, I don't suppose you lost any orange trees, either?
;<)

davidlt89

41 here today!!! And lots of rain. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

kombi1976

72 with a warm breeze, clear skies & humidity. ;)
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

recoil junky

blistering +11F this morning after work. It was so warm I hauled a load of water and the valve on the tank didn't freeze!!

Oh, the orange tree over the drain field is fine. No wait that's a sage brush.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

kombi1976

Actually I meant NO humidity.
Oh, and our peach tree was ripe for picking.
Many were the size of a tennis ball and so sweet & juicy they taste like mangoes.
I picked 28lbs of peaches & there were as many again already ruined by birds.
Mind you just before Christmas we picked 65 lbs of apricots off one of our trees.
They were simply incredible as we're the nectarines last week.
Far sweeter than anything from the supermarket.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

gitano

Forum decorum prevents me from expressing my visceral response to your 'fruit' comments, Andy! :mad:

Between the moose and the cold, my fruit trees (apples ONLY up here), struggle to just survive, let alone flourish.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

I live in a bad zone, not cold enough for many fruit trees,( not enough chilling hours below 40'F) and usually a late freeze that comes as the peaches, pears  and plums have fruit the size of a bean.
At one place, I had 20+ fruit trees, in place 10 years, got only one decent crop, lost the rest to late freezes.
We did not set a new record cold last night, the 18' was not down to the 9' in 1989, but it is enough to take care of my orange trees.

:stare:

gitano

That's a shame, Don. I know it's a real bummer to expend time and energy on perennials just to watch a "freak" event wipe out years of effort.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: