Wildcatter's reference

Started by Jamie.270, December 23, 2013, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

For those interested (and that aren't already familiar with it), I found an absolute treasure trove of cartridge specifications in this book:
The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions, 4th edition

There are approximately 500 pages of cartridges, listed by bullet/bore size, with each one offering the parent case to use, and complete finished dimensions.

They are sorted into both inch and metric calibers.

Just the compilation of the data was a monumental undertaking, and my hat's off to the authors, John and Judy Donnelly, for bringing it together as a reference guide.

It will have a permanent place on my bookshelf.

PS: I picked mine up at Sportsman's Whse, so if someone still wants to know what you'd like for X-Mas, you might let them know that this would do!
Or, if you're still in search of a gift for that buddy that handloads,.....
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

recoil junky

That's a great book Jamie. I failed to see it when at the Warehouse last. I don't get to go there much as Grand Junction is 2.5-3 hours away.

I will put it on my list for things to get at the Warehouse.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

drinksgin (deceased)

Amazon has it and usually has Nonte's book as well.
I just saw it on Amazon for less than $18, including shipping.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Thanks for posting this Jamie.270. I've got a few books that I have come to really appreciate. Top of the list is Ackley's duo, and then probably this book of Donnelly's. I'm pretty sure your 4th edition is more up to date than mine. Tomorrow, I will make a list of books that I hold near and dear.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: