Krico 260A 22LR

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), November 05, 2013, 11:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Finally got off my lazy butt to make this small modification to my favourite squizzer n bunny gun! Thanks to Paul sending me some picatinny rail I can finally have a multi-purpose scope mount. This rifle wears a scope or Night vision depending on what I'm doing, it was a pain in the butt forever changing the optics now it will be a doddle!
As you can see the 'base' of the picatinny rail has been radiused to match the action diameter. Next job will be to drill and tap to secure, hopefully this coming Saturday!

Also taking the opportunity to clean everything in the ultrasonic tank

Lookit da poop...

Will post further when work is done (anodising etc.)
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Trigger group after ultrasonic clean (man some poop came out of it!) and lubrication.

Trigger group drawing, might have a look and see if I can reduce the pressure...

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

The larger diameter "tube" in the 1st two pictures is the receiver?

Cool! How did you 'do' the proper radius on the rail?

I have a new (couple of years old) 10/22 with a HORRIBLE trigger. I need to adjust/modify it. It's not a 'target' gun, but I do expect MOA performance out to 100 yd. Lotsa folks don't realize how much a heavy trigger can negatively effect precision.''

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: gitano;128884The larger diameter "tube" in the 1st two pictures is the receiver?

Cool! How did you 'do' the proper radius on the rail?

I have a new (couple of years old) 10/22 with a HORRIBLE trigger. I need to adjust/modify it. It's not a 'target' gun, but I do expect MOA performance out to 100 yd. Lotsa folks don't realize how much a heavy trigger can negatively effect precision.''

Paul

Yep larger dia with the slots n vents is the receiver. Few pics n stuff here.

Two ways to cut the rad, 1 - ball nose cutter of same diameter, 2 - normal mill cutter of correct diameter with milling head tilted over 45ยบ.

Closer inspection of the trigger reveals the the 'hinge pins' are peened - you can see the dimple in the two silver pins - I'm not sure about punching the front pin out at the moment, the truth is that the trigger did feel better after the clean and lubrication.
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Ok, Saturday morning and the fitting of the rail is complete, no problems drilling and tapping the action for the 8x40 Torx screws.

Hopefully if I have time next week I'll take the rail to be anodised black.
With any luck the next post will be the rifle re-assembled!
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Impatience strikes, cannot wait for the anodising!!!

Scope; Note the EAW Apel picatinny mounts, I really like these as they allow 'windage' adjustment - scary prices though!

Night Vision;

Red-Dot;

Once it is anodised it will get a more permanent fitting!

Might just have a 'play'...:biggthumpup:
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

I thought self loading arms were outlawed  in GB, as in OZ, appears I was mistaken.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Only rimfires allowed in semi auto Don.
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

I believe OZ even banned the RFs, I recall reading a post by one crying about his 12 th birthday present .22  having to be turned in for destruction.
What won't pols do to the people?

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Yeah OZ has gone down the pan re firearms for sure
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

I shall not be around much longer, but I am sending about $1500 a year to 3 pols who are pro gun and pro Constitution and the NRA,TSRA,SAF and GOA, just a drop in the bucket against such as Bloomburg with his Billions to throw around.
However, each bit can help.

gitano

Wow! Looks great!

"You guys" and your glass!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quite pleased with the fit, the holes and counter-bores for the screws are 0.1mm oversize (4 thou - 0.004"). The radiused base really lines up the rail to the action and with the accurately placed mounting screws it is truly a 'solid' affair!
Turvey Stalking

Brithunter

Ahhh Gitano,

Most "Bunny Bashing" is done at night here under the lamp or using NV optics and of course using a sound moderator and sub sonic ammo.

This is why Joe wanted the rail so he can swap from one to the other.

Some folks here in the UK do Rabbiting on almost a commercial scale and shoot hundreds a week. remember there are no limits on the amount one can shoot and no seasons on them which many Americans find hard to understand.
Go Get them Floyd!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

About right there Kev, don't do the 'commercial' style rabbit shooting any more just the few for the pot!
Swapping the NV out for the scope included a re zero every time as the adapters used would always move the POI.
Hopefully that problem is solved now and all I need do is take the alternative glass with me.
This year was a little thin with 'eating' bunnies as Myxomatosis was rampant and the sight of all those skin tumours is quite disgusting...
Turvey Stalking

Tags: