Attention 8mm Shooters

Started by gitano, October 31, 2013, 02:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

To those of you here at THL, (THL members only), that shoot 8mm caliber rifles, I am offering "home-made" 8mm bullets. (No charge.)

Have a look at this thread:
http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16677
and let me know what you would like.

I can not make any with the "Talon" tips unless you wanted to buy the tips and send them to me.

Essentially, you can have the following options:

1) A hollow pointed "ANVB" without the printed tip.
2) An ANVB with the printed tip.
3) An "exposed lead tip" of almost any weight from about 115 to 200 grains. The heavier the bullet the more lead that is going to show in front of the short jacket.

For you 'ferren' members - Aussies, Limies, Cannucks, and Kiwis - just let me know what the import issues are.

There are a couple of reasons I have for doing this, but the most important one is to get some critters killed with these bullets. My opportunities are limited, and I'd really like to see some game taken with my "home-made" bullets.

Paul

PS - If you send me specs on your specific rifle I can send QuickLOAD derived suggested loads.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Very generous offer Paul. Pity I don't have anything in 8mm.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

Maybe you should get 'something' in 8mm. I've used weaker arguments than "free bullets" to justify a new rifle purchase. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I'm in. I'd be happy to try them.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

You have to tell me what you want.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: