one small hare!!!

Started by davidlt89, October 13, 2013, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Took my son and a friend of his out hunting briefly yesterday, both are first year hunters. Went to an old bird spot that got clear cut about 3 years ago. Decided to see if the perimeter might still be holding birds. We did not see any birds but my son spotted this little snowshoe hare while we were walking. He asked me what "that was" that just ran away. I had no idea since I did not see it. I then asked where it ran to and he showed me and jumped it. It ran about 10ft and stopped in which I told my son to "shoot". He got the hammer back and took aim but believed the hare had gone so he put his gun down. It then started running again and told him to shoot again but he could not see it. I then shouldered the browning cynergy and let it fly!!! The hare was done running:biggthumpup:.
Now by the time we got back home, both boys had spun the story on how "they" got me a rabbit. Basically they said without them I could not have gotten this fella, heck, I didn't even see it, I needed them to point it out:). And of course the other two that didn't even go hunting "knew" there were rabbits where we were going and had to make their way into the picture. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

JaDub

The tell`n usually gets better than the real story.  Give him about 20 years and have him re-tell it.   8-)

gitano

Give 'em about 20 DAYS! Good story-telling is an art that has to be developed. If not properly nurtured, it can turn into a "brag-fest", something no one cares for. There are darn few good story-tellers left 'out there' in the Hunting community. I would enthusiastically encourage the boys, but encourage them to keep truth as the 'sideboards' on their story-telling.

A story PROPERLY told doesn't need to sidestep the truth, and only VERY rarely is it necessary to belittle anyone in the telling. Plus, there's always room for personal interpretation when telling Hunting stories. Hunterbug's recollections of our elk hunts vary slightly from mine, but we both have the 'kernel' pretty much identical. There's plenty of room for fun in 'personal perspective' without abandoning the truth. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: