Lyman die

Started by drinksgin (deceased), July 11, 2013, 01:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Everyone was sold out of the Lee die set for .32-20, so I reluctantly ordered a Lyman.
It has the "M" die, the flaring expander in it, tuliped the cases I tried get ready to load so much they would not go in the seating die, or there was no flare at all.
I took the expander out and put it under my little digital microscope.
I estimate the angle was 80' or more, I chucked it up and cut it to 20' about the same as the Lee universal flaring die, works ok now.
Just another case of Lee tools being engineered rather than just developed.
Next die set I need , I shall wait for a Lee.

:Banghead:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Nothing Lyman has produced in the way of dies or molds has caused me to believe they were "better" than Lee's stuff. I do appreciate the books Lyman has published over the years. Especially those dedicated to black powder and shotguns.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

While I only have one set of Lyman dies, I do have better luck with their bullet molds than Lee. My favorite Lyman tool/s is/are my #55 powder measure and the #45 luberisizer.

I think Lyman has too many cheifs and not enough Indians, because "back in the day" Lyman stuff was as good as the best and better than the rest.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: