CSAA Winter indoor Championsip

Started by Hunterbug, January 25, 2013, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

About a year and a half ago my oldest daughter asked for a long bow. She was interested in archery and always marches to the beat of her own drum. So, I got her one. She started shooting weekly and her little sister wanted to shoot to. So she got a 20# recurve. Before long I got tired of watching them shoot and busted out the 30# recurve and started shooting too. Then Hunter, the oldest wanted to shoot in tournaments and her and I started practicing on Sundays and Payton soon joined so we all shoot twice a week. Last weekend was our first tournament in Parker. I finished 3rd in my division, out of 6, Hunter finished 2nd out of 2 and Payton finished 2nd out of 8 or 9. I shot a 229 and a 236 out of 450 which was 40 to 50 points below my average. If I had shot my average 270 to 280 I would have won easily. I learned a lot though and I expect to do better in March. I will also have new arrows by then so that will help.

Hunter with her long bow.

Payton taking a shot.

Me shooting.

Hunter showing off her form. She is always complimented on her form.

Group photo.

Payton, on the right, with her second place plaq. Her friend Euphoria took 3rd.

The next match is in Eagle March 9th and 10th.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Jamie.270

Way to go Dad!

Good form all 'round!!!!!!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

RatherBHuntin

This is awesome HB.  Shooting a traditional bow without sights has got to be one of the more difficult disciplines.  Love to see the kids competing and testing their limits.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

Great pictures and looks like a lot of fun. Nothing remotely close to that up here in my parts!!! My oldest son does have a bow he bought with his own money the year before last after Christmas. I managed to go all of last year without getting arrows for it!!!! looking at these pictures has made me feel even guiltier!!!!! BUT, he did shoot with his friend down the road last year and had a blast. It is fun to watch him "compensate" after each shot. I have come to find it is a lot more fun shooting instinctively than it is with sights!!!! I actually just sold my bow about month ago. If I ever get another one, it will be a recurve!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hunterbug

Hunter and I shoot bare bows. Payton has all the bells and whistles on her recurve. David, find a range to help you find the right arrows.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

What  ...........   no video games  for your kids  ??????

What`s this world comming to  !   8-)

Way to go dad ,  X2

gitano

Outstanding!

I have come to find it is a lot more fun shooting instinctively than it is with sights!!!!
Hear! Hear!
And the TRUTH is, once you learn to shoot 'instinctive', you can shoot ANY bow at ANY time ANYWHERE. The truth also is that if you want to win in 'open' compentitions, (no restrictons on the type of bow or accessories used), bows with all the 'bells and whistles' are the only ones that will get that win. However, JUST LIKE IN FIREARMS, the only similarity  between "target shooting" and hunting is that both use the same projectile (arrow/bullet). Otherwise they are as different as night and day.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Yes hopefully I will get my bow back soon. Then I can re-join the village archery club and get shooting it again. I brought a used outfit target recurve so tis more like Paytons. Alloy Riser with Hoyt Carbon Foam limbs.

I miss shooting the bow even at targets. After two years not shootign it I'll have to start all over again.

Please pass on my congratulations to the Girls
:biggthumpup:.
Go Get them Floyd!

22hornet

Quote from: JaDub;123744What ........... no video games for your kids ??????

What`s this world comming to ! 8-)

Way to go dad , X2

:yes:   :MOGRIN:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

22hornet

Great stuff. Happy kids, and a proud dad!
What a great competition. Your kids are really going to get the best out of this. Hand eye co-ordination, self discipline, satisfaction. And it holds them in good steed for when game season opens.

I'm still trying to get to grips with my bow. Practice, practice, practice.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

drinksgin (deceased)

BH, have the GB nazis even blocked bows, now?
I am having more of a problem understanding why we bothered to stop Hitler from taking GB over, as it seems the population have  decided to convert anyway.
:(
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Brithunter

Nope just the local "gestapo" as you put it. They took my cased bow along with anything they fancied. I can now have my bow back it seems just need to make arrangements to go and sort it out.

It would seem that I am a special case. things that anyone can own here i am not allowed. No laws just their own dreamt up ones and no one is interested in helping sort it out. T'would be different if I was an immigrant mind you.

If you recall they even took scopes not fitted to rifles and spare stocks along with books ........................................................ weally dangerous stuff you know :oops:
Go Get them Floyd!

Hunterbug

I shot a 196 tonight out of a possible 300 using some different arrows. My normal arrows are carbon and I have to aim about 24 inches below where I want to hit at 20 yards. If I used a sight this would be no big deal but I shoot bare bow. This killed me at the tournament. With the arrows that I shot tonight I can aim at my target.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Oh, and I got to look at the final results from the tournament. I finished 3rd but I was only 10 points from 2nd out of 900 total possible.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Brithunter

Well done .................................... well done indeed :D
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: