It's a dandy!

Started by Jamie.270, November 20, 2012, 06:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

Well, Oregon got it's annual fall-into winter blast yesterday, with a small bonus this year.
On top of the sustained 50-60 MPH winds on the west side, some places had as much as 6" of Rain in 24 hours.  Lots of footage of the chum salmon from the Tillamook and Nehalem rivers swimming across highways and roads on TV.

Wind gusts clocked as high as 111mph on Nacelle peak,(ironic eh?) and 98mph at Yaquina head. (our favorite nearshore fishin' hole)  A Semi-truck was blown over on the Astoria Bridge yesterday in 104 MPH gust(s).

Lots o' water everywhere, many streets resemble linear puddles at this point.

Just a couple of deaths so far.  One when a large fir tree fell on a hunter's tent and apparently killed him instantly.
Lots of damaged houses from trees falling on them, and power companies are paying out serious overtime to restore service to thousands.

The east side isn't fairing much better this time around, as there is power out from falling trees in many places.
Not near as many big firs over there though.

And the "bonus" was the small earthquake we started off with yesterday.

All's well here at this time however.  The hatches are battened down and the fixin's for the holiday meal are already laid in.

No sign of FEMA, or the governor out making political points yet though!

Hopefully there'll be no "round 2" this year.
Here's to a good Turkey Day to y'all, stay safe and be thankful!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteHere's to a good Turkey Day to y'all, stay safe and be thankful!

DITTO!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Round 2 just started about an hour ago.
Not quite as nasty yet.

The power's still on anyway!  :MOGRIN:
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I see from the national news that Oregon should get a few days respite from the storms. Sure hope you weathered those storms OK.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: