bunny hunting

Started by Hunterbug, November 12, 2012, 07:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I took my Winchester 67 with me up elk hunting to chase rabbits. There weren't a ton of them but I did have 3 opportunities. The first one I didn't have the 22 with me, the second one I was going down the 4X4 trail when I saw it and by the time I got out of the truck and grabbed the 22 it decided to leave. The third one I actually got to shoot at. I make it a point to take head shots with a 22. I missed twice, one was a grazing hit on the shoulder and the last was a solid hit. Sorry for the poor quality, I forgot the camera that day so we had to use my phone camera.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

I LIKE the pants!

And the rabbit (not hare - ala jackrabbit) - of course too.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

MountainMafia

For shame, you forgot your camera. Not the same eating as elk, but what the hey:)
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Hunterbug

My wife cooked the rabbit tonight. It was phenomenal! :2thumbsup:
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

davidlt89

Good job!!!! I like a good rabbit every now and then! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Jeanie's a great cook, no doubt about it!

No bunnies up here unfortunately. Only hares. Try as I might, it is really difficult to 'like' eating hares.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Makes my mouth water just LOOKING at it  !!  mmmm   mmmmm !

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup:looking good............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

I ain't had a good rabbit leg in a while....Got me slob'ber'n:yes:..............BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Disappointed so far as all local rabbits have a good dose of Myxomatosis a truly horrible disease.
Looking forward to a rabbit dinner on a 'yog'.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

MountainMafia

WELL, if that doesn't look good enough to eat. Do you hear my lips smacking.
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Tags: