Range Report: 375 H&H

Started by davidlt89, October 28, 2012, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Got our guns back from the smith about a month ago and finally got to putting together a load for my buddies 375 H&H. The gun in question is a Thompson Center Encore and I was using IMR 4350 with a 260gr Nosler Accubond. Here is a picture with 73.9gr of IMR 4350! That is a 3 shot group, I believe I am on to something. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

branxhunter

Outstanding!

I bet that group will get pinned up above the reloading bench!

Marcus

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

If that's a 100 yard group you are definitely on to perfection. Regards, Rick.:jumpingsmiley:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I don't believe it. Everyone 'knows' those big calibers are "inherently inaccurate". ;)

NICE SHOOTIN'!

Paul

PS - But you missed the "X". :)
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteWith or without brake?
with the brake.
QuoteIf that's a 100 yard group you are definitely on to perfection.
100 yards it is!
QuotePS - But you missed the "X".
I'm dealing with it!!!
But how nice is it to see a group like that and have almost sighted in to boot!!! God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

I think you should keep tinkering until you can get it to cloverleaf...everyone knows the cloverleaf is the perfect group, that one is flawed :p

Good shooting:biggthumpup:
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;122699I don't believe it. Everyone 'knows' those big calibers are "inherently inaccurate". ;)

PS - But you missed the "X". :)
Thus giving evidence to the fact that "accuracy" and "precision" are two very different things!

(I know somebody around here says that!)

:nana:
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Quote from: Jamie.270;122705Thus giving evidence to the fact that "accuracy" and "precision" are two very different things!

(I know somebody around here says that!)

:nana:

RIGHT ON!!!!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

And here you thought I wasn't paying attention in class professor! ;)
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

davidlt89

Moving on to my 375 H&H now! This encore was originally my gun and a friend wanted to buy it, Really wanting a bolt rifle I obliged him and got a Remington XCR II. I am hoping it groups like that! I have a friend from Michigan who got drawn for a moose permit next week. God willing, with the storm, he will still be here sunday. He is also a reloader so we can do up the loads together. Got my numbers done up on quickload tonight and data is set.
moose are showing up everywhere, 6 down the road this morning at my daycare ladies house. 3 bulls and 3 cows. I have also run into 4 deer in the last two days. Had the scope on 3 does yesterday!!! my 4 year old kept saying "shootem dad, shootem dad". I kept trying to explain to him we could not. once I said we could not shoot mommy deers, he then got the concept and told me not to shoot!!!! He was putting an awful lot of pressure on my though:sweatdrop: once we get this moose hunt out of the way, i will be free to shoot!!!!!! God Bless.

gitano

Seeing a bull moose around here is a very rare event. I'd say I see 40 or 50 cows and calves before I see one bull. Maybe more.

Here's hoping that your bolt-gun shoots like the Thompson does.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

you can see bulls just as much as cows up here, which is good! been some big moose shot this year, 5 dressed over 1,000lbs the first week! Can't wait to shoot my gun!!!! God Bless.

Tags: