Finally got another truck!

Started by davidlt89, June 25, 2012, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

well its been two long years since we bought the wife a new car that would "hold" the whole family. In doing so, I inherited her old CR-V. Great vehicle, but needless to say, not a pickup. Right across the road from where I work usually has some vehicles for sale and this one truck caught my eye. went over to see the price tag and it seemed more than "fair" to me!!! long story short, drove it home tonight!!! will be nice to do the things around the house and other things we "need" a truck for, but to be honest, it will be nice getting up in the woods and going where I want, especially bird hunting. It will also be nice to not have someone else come and load my deer or bear and take it to the tagging station!!!! Truck is an "07" GMC Sierra with the extended cab with 69,000 miles on it. it is also equipped with the 5.3!!! I am one happy fellow. AND, a good friend of mine who went to the university of maine at presque Isle with me in the athletic training, who is now the strength and conditioning coach for the usa under 18 hockey team in michigan, Got drawn for a moose permit saturday. He will be coming to stay with me the second week of november. So he will not only be able to shoot a moose, he will also have a crack at some deer and all the birds we see moose hunting, even a bear if we see it!!!
I will have my father in law mount the winch in the back of the truck and should be able to just winch the moose on from where it lay!!!! All in all, we are going to have some fun and don't have to worry about where we go with a the truck;) God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

I guess it will have to do. It's no Ford but you did get a smokin' deal!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

That bed looks sort of short for a moose, if its dead I guess it won't mind being a little cramped.:MOGRIN:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

QuoteIt's no Ford
I prefer Ford's!!! I will take what I can get though!!!
Quoteif its dead I guess it won't mind being a little cramped.
Haven't heard one complaint yet!!! Got a 640lb cow in my father in laws truck last year with the same size bed!!!! God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Plenty of room in that bed for critters. The missus' uncle and I put a 5X6 bull elk WHOLE in the back of a Bronco. In was good, but getting it back out after rigormortis had set in, that was interesting!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

drinksgin (deceased)

You should talk to Al about dragging an elk home in a small vehicle, I believe it was an elk on a Neon, upside down ,frozen and some 1000 miles or more.
Talk about an odyssey!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

moose will not be a hard fit, especially with the tailgate down!!! A big cow will dress out around 600lbs! Although, the biggest cow shot last year was over 900lbs dressed! lets just say we will make it work. what would really be nice is to come out of the woods with a moose and deer!! hey, I can dream can't I? God bless.

davidlt89

Quoteyou should talk to al about dragging an elk home in a small vehicle, i believe it was an elk on a neon, upside down ,frozen and some 1000 miles or more.
Talk about an odyssey!
I would expect nothing less from Al!:biggthumpup:!

drinksgin (deceased)

Oh,will all the varmits be shot 25' up hill from the truck bed?
Just asking!
;D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Alboy

Well it wasn't a Neon even though I own one of those. It was a fairly tight fit any way for a small bull ~600 lbs. He made no mention of the cramped quarters.

He did bring a lot of attention at gas and re-icing stops.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

Nice look'n machine, davidt....I'm sure you're a might proud of him...
........but like RJ, "it ain't no Ford"........
I like the color, and I'm sure it'll git you there and back with a load of meat...
We'll be look'n for the write-up and pics from your hunt....luck............BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

QuoteOh,will all the varmits be shot 25' up hill from the truck bed?
it is illegal to shoot from the truck here, it is even illegal to have a "sighter" in the truck bed:huh: God Bless.

RatherBHuntin

Nice ride, I really like the look of that truck, can't wait to have a full sized truck again.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

Quotecan't wait to have a full sized truck again.
I hear ya Glenn, thats where I was!!!! Even the wife missed having a truck! God Bless.

Tags: