Winchester 67 target

Started by Hunterbug, May 21, 2012, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Today I took my oldest daughter and her friend out shooting. We shot 22s and then the girls shot bows. Here's a target that I shot with my Winchester 67 at 20 yards from the kneeling position. It's 5 shots with CCI Mini-Mags.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

You missed! :D :D :D

Nice shootin'!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I was trying to hit it in the head but that still would have been a dead bunny. I'm pleased with the grouping, especially from the kneeling position.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

My first rifle is a Winchester 67A. Dad gave it to me for my birthday in 1955 or so. What is a 67 Target? Do you have any pictures? Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

Rick, I meant a target shot with my Winchester 67. Mine is the standard with a 27" barrel. They did make what was called a miniture target rifle that had a 24" barrel. There was also a boys rifle with either a 20 or 22 inch barrel. This is what mine looks like.

Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Mine's a 67A my first rifle ....dad gave it to me for my 10th birthday. Somewhere along the line, the front sight bead got broken off.....I got the replacement today from Brownells.....hope to have a new range report soon. I'm giving this rifle to my grandson Evan. Regards, Rick.

Jorge in Oz

Nice little rifle and nice necklace around the bunny's neck HB. That would be one dead bunny for sure.

I like those old single shot rifles, people don't realise the quality of of the Rem and Wins made in the old days. I restored a Remington 33 I bought for $30 and sold it for $100, the walnut stock was beautiful when I finished it with True Oil and it would clover the shots at 25 meters. Pity I never took a picture of it once I finished it.:huh:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

drinksgin (deceased)

The 67 was a tradition in my family.
My father bought one, with the fluted stock, ala wwI springfield, it finally wore out the piece that connects the trigger and firing pin and was abandoned somewhere  as we did not know about Numrich parts supply.
Late I found another , with a steel tube Weaver 4x, $20 at the local gun shop, I still have it and it is my very favorite .22.
It has the beaver tail stock.
I shall post a picture later.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Fieldmor77

Nice old 22 H.B, still shooting fine as well.

buffalo bob

i have one of those with a short barrel.  it was my dads. so i guess that makes it real old

buckshot roberts

:food04:Bug that rabbit is dead, the model 67 is one the best single shot .22, I thanks just about all the older hunters had at one time, the youth model was the one with the short barrel...Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Hunterbug

Rick, that's a nice group for 50 yards! I'm sure that your grandson will get some good use out of it.

Jorge, it's a pity that you don't still have that rifle. They aren't making them any more and the new machine made stuff just isn't the same.

Next time I go out I'll have to move back to 50 yards and see how I can do. That'll give me something to occupy me until October 1st.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Brithunter

It would seem that the single shot bolt actions of the time all looked very similar. It struck me just how similar the Winchester 67 is to my BSA No2A, Now I don't know the production dates for the 67 but the BSA No2 dates from about 1909 and continued up through the 1930's. The "A" stands for adjustable rear sight.

The breech opening struck me as very similar. The tapped hole is for a saddle type aperture sight.

The bore on this one is a little pitted but it's possibly old enough to have seen black powder loaded cartridges let along corrosive priming. Notice how even the fore sight profiles are similar!g.
Go Get them Floyd!

drinksgin (deceased)

The 67 was made from 1934 to 1963, however, there was an earlier Win. rifle that was very similar, my uncle found one for $10 in hardware store junk barrel just after WWII, it had a very similar action but with a 20 " barrel.
There were a large number of rimfire and lower pressure cf rifles that were built on a design using the back of the barrel as the action.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

I found out it was shooting high because the front sight dead was broken off. I ordered a new one from Brownells and here's how it shoots now. Regards, Rick.

Tags: