Some time things are stinky on the farm

Started by sakorick, April 05, 2012, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Poor Missy(my Heeler / Border Collie cross) got skunked yesterday while I was disking. She spent the night outside. I gave her a bath in Tomato juice and then with pet shampoo. Now she smells like tomato pet shampoo with a hint of skunk. Sometimes things are tough on a dog. Here she is after a bath this morning which was much worse than the Skunking! Regards, Rick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

All naturall............   Tomato-Skunk  Shampoo,       Oh so  good for you and your  neighbors !!   8-))

drinksgin (deceased)

O, how could you do that to a pore, old, sweet thing like that!
You can tell by looking that her heart is broken.

:huh: ;)
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

recoil junky

Hehehe

'T missus found some stuff vcslled "Skunk Off" and it works GREAT! The Rotty used to kill skunks (just another cat to her) and it worked great on her. Now when the Boston Terrier gerts sprayed by a striped puddy tat he gets a bath in it.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Quote from: recoil junky;119643Hehehe

'T missus found some stuff vcslled "Skunk Off" and it works GREAT! The Rotty used to kill skunks (just another cat to her) and it worked great on her. Now when the Boston Terrier gerts sprayed by a striped puddy tat he gets a bath in it.

RJ

I'll ask the Vet about it....sounds like good stuff! Missy is back to normal and the smell is about gone. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Kanibal

Lol good times! We dont have many of the striped skunks in the Northwest mostly the spotted variety but everyone calls them Civet Cats as a general term in these parts.

PS tomato juice should be mixed with your favorite beer not poured on your puppy!
-Richard

drinksgin (deceased)

URK!
Has the mold and mildew gotten to your brain?
BEER and TOMATO JUICE, gag.
I drank Lone Star, until it was moved to Tubwater WA.
Now, it is Shiner, made just 200 miles west of me.

gitano

GREAT PICTURE!!!!

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words!

Samuel Clemens said "Man is the only animal that blushes, and the only one that needs to". While his point was elsewise, technically speaking, he was mistaken. Those of us that own dogs know that they can be full of pride, and can EASILY be embarrassed. That LOOK in the picture above is absolutely priceless.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Kanibal

Ha! Dont like red beer much aye? I enjoy it now and then and I wasnt aware that Lonestar was made in Washington that kinda takes the Texan out of it :(
-Richard

drinksgin (deceased)

Oly bought the name several years ago and closed the brewery in San Antonio down.
I lost interest after that.

Kanibal

Yea that is no good! Same thing with Rainier Beer which was our Northwest favorite located in Seattle since 1878 but has recently been moved down to California :(  It just isnt the same beer I say!!!!
-Richard

noel

try your beer with clamato juice.it's really good!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Paul Hoskins

There is a "SKUNK BUSTER" on the market that kills skunk odor. A good washing in commercial scrnt removers like "Scent Away" does a good job. Skunk Buster will kill the scent of onions too. Road killed skunks make good cover scents around bear baits & also attract bears because bears associate  skunks with food sources. ......Paul H

gitano

QuoteRoad killed skunks make good cover scents around bear baits & also attract bears because bears associate skunks with food sources. ......Paul H
Very interesting! I wonder how that would work up here where there have never been skunks?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Hey, someone put a roadkill skunk in a box and post it to Paul so that he may test the theory!

:grin:
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: