Whacky weather

Started by davidlt89, March 10, 2012, 03:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

the mercury tipped 60 degrees here on thursday:yes:! I bet we lost at least a foot of snow that day. Yesterday was also unusually warm and there was a lot of melting going on. Today is supposed to be "normal" march temps, but there is call for warmer weather next week in the 40's!!!! Unusually warm for this time of year, but I am not complaining!! I am ready for the snow to go!!!!!!! anyone else (besides Don) getting warmer weather? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Jamie.270

We got up to 60* the last two days, with lot's o' sunshine.
Back to normal today.  
It started raining again last night.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

drinksgin (deceased)

Surely it would never rain along the northeast Pacific coast ;)
We have actually had 1.4" rain  the last 2 days and still have a chance for rain for 2 more days.
The little lake is still down about 5', it is going to take some serious rains to get enough runoff to fill it up.
If we go into the hot, dry summer being predicted without being full it may dry up, it was down about 12' in September when it finally started to cool off and rain some.
 I have tomatoes set on the early crop and the main crop plants are up to 1' high now, have to make a bunch before it gets too hot for the blooms to set.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

bowhunter 51

Well guys, we've had some record high'temps this month and forecast indicate
later this week will see one day reach low 80's, while at the same time seeing
lows reach 30's overnite...Still 4'' below normal rainfall tho most all the ponds
and lakes are top't-off at present...Tornado ain't got me yet but the season is just
begun...Got a young typhoon on my onions, tater's & greens the other day and I
expect a bumper crop will ensue..Fruit trees are blooming, and honey bees are
swarming, soft'woods like poplars, willows and such are starting to feather'out..
Still too early for 'mater's and peppers.......................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Paul Hoskins

Unseasonably warm here too. It's 72 deg. right now. Been dropping to the upper 20's at night. We've had enough rain this winter for everyone but very little snow. That's prolly because I finally bought a snow blower. It'll prolly be another hot dry summer tho. No garden started yet. .......Paul H

davidlt89

QuoteThat's prolly because I finally bought a snow blower.
its a good bet!!!!!
QuoteNo garden started yet.
there will be no garden started here until the end of may!!!! God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Highs in the upper 50's and lows near zero. Makes dressing for work a real challenge.  Good thing I sit on my butt in a climate controlled cab!!

Robins, blackbirds and bluebirds are here in full force. I even saw some geese on the grain fields north of us.

This means that rodents will soon be coming to the surface which in turn means I need to get out the varmint rifles and get ready!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Vermonster

Surprised David, I didn't think you guys had a foot of snow to lose in the first place.   ;)

My Mom was up in Houlton last week.  Said it's been a pretty mild winter.

davidlt89

QuoteSurprised David, I didn't think you guys had a foot of snow to lose in the first place.
we got 14" in one storm 3 weeks ago! it has been mild though!!!
another warm day today and supposed to be warm all week!!! of course warm is 40's. seen a jogger in shorts and t-shirt today!!!!! God Bless.

drinksgin (deceased)

Texas has good scenery all year, I was at the supermarket in January, a REALLY bad day, 40` , drizzle and 20 mph winds and a woman was there in a parka and short shorts.
;)

drinksgin (deceased)

We have tomatoes larger than a quarter.
;))))

Jamie.270

And we had snow on the beaches this morning!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

davidlt89

we got another foot of snow on wednesday, much more then they had "predicted". Had extremely warm weather thursday and friday it rained. It is supposed to be in the 50's all week with one day reaching the 60's!!! gonna lose a lot of snow and it isn't going to hurt my feelings. God Bless.

recoil junky

Dust storms tonight then rain/snow on Sunday.

:MOGRIN:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

RatherBHuntin

I just finished mowing the lawn for the second weekend in a row, and everything here is blooming. The pine pollen is so thick it looked like rain the other night when a storm rolled in. The attached picture is all pollen, not a drop of rain or clouds in the background.  The wind had picked up pretty good at this point.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Tags: