My friend Dotte

Started by fire717, January 10, 2012, 06:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fire717

Just sharing some pictures of my dog Dotte(DOT). She is a 2 1/2 yr old German Shorthair. She has become a great family dog and a pretty good hunter. Recently we went on a "professional" due to the lack of wild birds in North Central Kansas this year. I don't think she really cared and I know I didn't at this point. Her points are solid and its a lot of fun to watch her work.

12wks old..pointing a quail wing in the back yard

9months old

9months old

10 months old Kansas 2009

Kansas 2010

Kansas 2011

Next three were from last weekend on the managed hunt...solid points and a good retrieve!!

recoil junky

German shorthairs are great dogs. My niece and nephew were raised by one. Zip's stub tail NEVER stopped moving.

Great pictures.

I miss upland birds and dogs.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

A good upland bird dog is a wonder to behold, and it looks like you've got yourself a keeper!
Way to go on your choice of breeds, and the training you've given her.

Congratulations on the dog AND the hunts!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteA good upland bird dog is a wonder to behold,
Amen to that!

I noticed the retrieve and recognized the dog from your Dad's post on last weekend's hunt.

Thanks for the pictures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Great images, fire......
.................I love to see young bird'dogs lock't-up on birds like that....
Ain't got ring'necks around here.....wish we did..........................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

JaDub

Great stuff " fire",   that pup looks like a sweetheart!  Nice post and nice pictures.

JaDub

drinksgin (deceased)

In the picture of her sitting, unless my impression is wrong, she is saying, "His bird, hah!, he could not smell a skunk, let alone a pheasant!"

;-)
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sakorick

Yo son....there is a thread on this forum called "Hunting with Dogs". Not that it matters much......I love Dot......Thanks for the pics....you may live to be 100 and never have one better, so treasure the memories. Love, Dad.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: