0 (0%)
ichards Old classic #102 Straightened Guard
2 (50%)
ther maker supplier ...... please list ideas
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 09, 2012, 01:33:41 AM

Brithunter

Despite the troubles there is still the BSA Model C to finish off and it really does need a proper stock to finish off the job but which one?

To refresh memories this is the project rifle in an incorrect P-H sporterised ex-military stock:-

and this is sort of the style I was thinking about:-

The bottom rifle is the project before the new barrel and being re-blacked:-

As you may notice the trigger guard has been straightened so I have the choice of the original drop bellied look or the straightened out look :yes:.

So far I have narrowed the stock choices down to these:-

A RIA ENFIELD P17 MILITARY BARREL CHANNEL WALNUT (SEMI INLET PART) from Boyds

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/RIA-ENFIELD-P17-MILITARY-BARREL-CHANNEL-WALNUT-SI-p/300-215.htm

Or a Richards Microfit Old Classic #1102

http://rifle-stocks.com/oldclassic.htm

Either one would have to have the forestock shortened to look correct as they are simply too long.
Go Get them Floyd!

Alboy

A lot of us prefer the same eye candy I see.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

I don't care for rifles with "bellies" be they like these with wood around it,  or a descending magazine.

I like straight lines with some - but not too much - 'substance' to them. I like the old Winchester and the "new" Remington Classics and I like straight wrists on shotguns and old - like Martini Henry and Martini Enfields - rifles. "Bellies" look too military to me. One of the reasons I like Mauser k-98s, and so dislike SMLEs and Mosin Nagants.

Of course these are just personal preferences, but you asked. If you were returning this piece to "original configuration", there wouldn't be any consideration of personal opinions.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Thank you both :D

Now Gitano,

The problem is we are not absolutely sure which model BSA this one is as it was so messed up when it came to me. Barrel chopped back, fore sight on crooked, stock mutilated and not even sure if it was the "right" stock or not.

Now I could try to get the closest stock to the BSA Model E however that has it's problems as unless we get it duplicated I don't know of anyone offering such a stock. We can get one which can be made to look like the BSA Model 1923 Hi-Velocity (the one with the red back ground)  now you have approved as BSA had the LFC idea back then the .33 BSA used a 165 grain bullet at 3,000 fps, the .26 BSA used a 110 grain bullet at 3,100 fps.

Now as the BSA had a straightened trigger guard, I had to acquire an original stepped on to use that P-H stock, so I could go the Ricjards Micro fit Old Classic #102 route which gives us the choice of :-

1) CALIFORNIA CLARO WALNUT

or :-
2) AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT

Both in Semi Fancy grade.

Even if I was to order tonight they would not get to the UK until next year hence the 60 day poll Add the hassles going on still. Hopefully things may be clearer come March 2012 that will be nearly 11 months then.

So we have time add the fact that the bolt handle needs work or replacing. Replacement is probably the best route and thought is going into which would be best.

Edit:- oh yes I have been toying with a broken P-H 16 sporting aperture sight with the view to making a bolt tail peep sight out of it.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: