Got my buck tonight

Started by sakorick, November 22, 2011, 03:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

SIZE="3"]With 50 minutes left in the season a hot doe ran from West to East at 260 yards. I had a small gap in the fence line and the buck stopped for a perfect opportunity. The 30-'06 Ackley did it's job and I did mine. Not the Bigboy but a respectable 9 point that was number 3 on my list. 220 pounds dressed.....whew! The Ballistic tip is just a great accurate and devastating bullet and only a very small exit wound. The Bruiser still managed a 30 yard death march. Regards, Rick.[/SIZE]

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

klallen

sweet !!!

love the choice of bullet, too.

congrats on a great buck.

k

davidlt89

thats just a monster Rick!!!! 220lbs dressed is big deer in my book!!!! and a huge rack to! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Very nice Rick. It'll be good to have venison in the freezer!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

noel

nothin' wrong with that one!good shootin'!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Nelsdou

Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

fire717

Nice work Dad! You deserve it after all the hard work you put into your land.

sakorick

Quote from: fire717;117417Nice work Dad! You deserve it after all the hard work you put into your land.

Eric, you are easily my favorite son. Congrats on your promotion to Driver and for being the #3 out of 103 in testing. Had I been in that category in the military, I would have retired a General. You firefighters are a special breed! Love, Dad.

Here is what he looked like on the trail cam.

Daryl (deceased)

Nice buck, and a big congrat's!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Jamie.270

Way to go Rick!
Nice buck, and a freezer full o' tasty vittles!

What's not to like.
Congratulations on the "last minute" kill.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

bowhunter 51

That might not be tha big boy in your world, Rick.......but it's a sure'nuf
wall ornament in mine....absolutely excellent:biggthumpup::food04:..................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Vermonster

Very nice buck Rick!  Always cool to see before and after shots!!!

Congrats!!!! :biggthumpup:

rockinbbar

Excellent buck!
He's a mossback for sure! :)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Alboy

Nice shooting gonna be nice eating too.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

Here is the tale of the tape. Kyle Hibner, the taxidermist scored him a 144 with 1/2 inch deduction. I caped him and the mount will be done in July. I finished skinning him this afternoon and took pictures of the bullet performance. I also took pictures of where all this happened....captions tell the story. He was 277 yards from the stand. The inside tenderloins are marinating in Kikkoman! Regards, Rick.

Tags: