Hey Guys!

Started by Vermonster, November 16, 2011, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Howdy all!  Sorry I have not been around much.  This year seemed to fly by, to say the least.  And with a 1 and 5 year old, it keeps me really busy.

Anyway, I did a quick read, and see that some guys have done well.  Congrats to anyone who scored!!!  I just got back from Vermont, where i was unsuccessful, but my dad took probably his best deer ever.  Beauty of an 8 point shot with his Dad's .348 Winchester model 71.  And, my cousin got her second moose on her second try up in northern Maine, close to David's neck of the woods.  Both great animals.

Anyway, I hope this fall find you all well, and you are all having fun and being safe.  I will try to stop in a little more often...... :grin:

gitano

Outstanding! Both critters!

Taken with the .348 is very cool!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Welcome back Monster!!

Glad to see someone have a good hunting season.

Awesome critters. Moose are on my bucket list for sure.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

drinksgin (deceased)

.348, premier moose medicine, right up there with a .45-70 or .458, a nice big hole in both sides and a short trail, if any.

8 )
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

JaDub

Good to hear you`re alive and well, good to hear from ya.   And I really like the lever with open sights!

JaDub

davidlt89

Great pictures shawn!!!! that is a fine looking moose, what did it dress at! I take it they were in houlton or somewhere in zone 4? God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

klallen

love that moose pic.  i gotta get me one of those some day.

k

davidlt89

QuoteMoose are on my bucket list for sure.
maybe you need to apply in the Maine moose lottery. I know a guide who gives free room and board and could probably find you a moose!!!:grin:
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rockinbbar

Great story & photos!

I love the Winchester! :D

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Vermonster

Quote from: davidlt89;117311Great pictures shawn!!!! that is a fine looking moose, what did it dress at! I take it they were in houlton or somewhere in zone 4? God bless.

Thanks guys! David, it was in the zone from Houlton to the south. They shot it one the Hodgdon/Cary Plantation border, or thereabouts. She had a permit for the season that started on Nov. 7th.

Edit:  Just checked David, it was for zone 11.......

Tags: