375 range report

Started by sakorick, September 11, 2011, 02:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The Fall crops are in and after church I played with the 375. I loaded up some of the Speer 235 hot cor bullets I bought on sale for 1/2 price. The load was 70 grains of RL15 chronied at 2650'/sec and the results were very satisfactory. I also fired a 1 1/4 inch 5 shot group with the left over 250 grain Sierras so the bedding issue and repair solved the problem. I'm ready for Deer season! Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Bill Thibeault

Rick,
I knew you would solve your problem. The .375 H&H is one of the most inherently accurate cartridges ever designed. Most rifles will shoot many different makes/weights of bullets just fine. All you had to do was free-float the barrel; now you are in business!

Take care,
Bill.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;115547Rick,
I knew you would solve your problem. The .375 H&H is one of the most inherently accurate cartridges ever designed. Most rifles will shoot many different makes/weights of bullets just fine. All you had to do was free-float the barrel; now you are in business!

Take care,
Bill.

Did I miss your birthday? I know you are way older than I am but it looks like you recently gained a year. :MOGRIN: Happy Birthday, Bill. Regards, Rick.

klallen

a 235 at 2650 should be that lighter recoiling combo you were looking for, too.  can't see the pic but i'm assuming it's one of an accurate group shot.

congrats on finding your load !!!

k

sakorick

Don't know what happened to the pic, but here it is. Regards, Rick.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Bill Thibeault

Rick,

Did you ever shoot the three or so .375 H&H cartridges I gave you that were loaded with Barnes 235 grain TSX bullets?  I'm interested to see how they do now that you've free-floated the barrel of your rifle.

Yes, you missed my birthday, but don't fret; I tried to ignore it myself.  I turned 66 on 4 Sep.  You're correct, I am older than you - but only by 116 days.  We're practically twins.

Take care,
Bill.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

sakorick

Quote from: Bill Thibeault;115562Rick,

Did you ever shoot the three or so .375 H&H cartridges I gave you that were loaded with Barnes 235 grain TSX bullets?  I'm interested to see how they do now that you've free-floated the barrel of your rifle.

Yes, you missed my birthday, but don't fret; I tried to ignore it myself.  I turned 66 on 4 Sep.  You're correct, I am older than you - but only by 116 days.  We're practically twins.

Take care,
Bill.

I shot them first and they grouped 2 inches. 116 days is 116 days!:grin:Twins?? I guess that explains my brain lapses. Regards, Rick.

Brithunter

I do like that stock Rick....................... makes me green every time I see it.

The rifles not bad either :p.

Edit:-  Hmmm another Virgo on the forum...... I slipped my B-day through whilst no one was looking....!
Go Get them Floyd!

22hornet

Lovely rifle Rick. You know you could make alot of money if you move to OZ! ;)
And good shooting too.

235gns at 2650fps. Isn't that about what Pauls .375/284 was doing?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

2587 f/s with the 235-grain bullet in the .375 x .284 Win. with chamber pressure at 47 kPSI, 22hornet.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: 22hornet;115657Lovely rifle Rick. You know you could make alot of money if you move to OZ! ;)
And good shooting too.

235gns at 2650fps. Isn't that about what Pauls .375/284 was doing?

I believe so. I can easily push that bullet up to near 3000'/sec but the recoil is brutal. This load is at the low end of Paul's idea barrel timing number. Regards, Rick.

Tags: