Good morning thl!!!!

Started by recoil junky, August 13, 2011, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

It's time for breakfast!!!!

Just made a fresh pot of coffee. Don't worry about the horse shoe, it was clean when I put it in to test the strength.

Got elk sausage and eggs, my "famous" taters, sourdough, whole wheat and rye bread toast and sourdough pancakes with chokecherry syrup. :food04:

Bring a shootin' iron 'cause we're gonna have a little target practice after everybody gets their fill.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

klallen

lol.  breakfast?  bud, that was 6 hours ago.

not against a breakfast spread for an early lunch, though.  looks good.

k

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

If we are getting back to my first love, food again, how about a quick breakfast, 1/4" dice a medium potato for each 2 people, put some ground comino in with salt and fresh ground black pepper, brown in a bit of oil, add a slice of strong onion, finely chopped,[I add some hot pepper, also finely chopped], put 2 eggs in a bowl, beat until a uniform color, when the potatoes and onions are done, add the eggs and turn until set.
Serve on warmed up flour tortillas and have some pico de gallo or salsa roho on the side.
At the next bbq,[not a hamburger grill event, but a real slow cooked event] have a machito cooking, only for hairy chested men, not wimps and women.
You make a machito by whacking a goat, nanny or wether, no billys, hang it, get it nekked, unzip it and catch what falls out, lungs, liver, heart, kidneys and any other interesting looking pieces, take the tongue out and start it simmering, wash the other parts and put in the refrigerator.
Take the plumbing, cut it loose, hook a garden hose up to it and flush until the water runs clear, put it on a stick so as to turn it inside out, scrape the lining, wash off, take it off and set aside, clean the stomach, turn it inside out and scrape it, wash off, do a 3/4" dice on the spare parts ,  peal the tongue and dice it, season well, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, comino and chilis, mix well and pack in the stomach, wrap the cleaned plumbing on the outside, put on the cooker on the side away from the fire, turn about  each 45 minutes, it is done when a meat thermometer in the middle shows 170' or more.
Never reveal what is in it, keep them guessing!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Next real he-man BBQ I have, you can come be the chef, Don!

Mexican (goat) and Irish (haggis of sorts) at the same time.

Sounds delicious to me!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: