pleasant surprise!

Started by davidlt89, July 30, 2011, 03:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

I looked out the window this morning and seen a truck going real slow. As I inspected further I noticed a deer. I grabbed my phone and tried to get some pics, but just to far away for the phone although it was only 60 yards away. So i went outside walked up to it! It crossed the road and got onto my lawn. at one point I was 5 yards away from it. My middle kid was out with me and he started heading back to the house and the deer was running with him following him. at one point I thought it was actually going after him so I gave him some fatherly advice and told him to run to the deck. He froze like a deer in headlights and then the deer froze. this little fella had absolutely no fear. I like that in a deer and hope to see him during bow season!!! God Bless

Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

klallen

wow. nice pics.  funny to hear about him "playing" with your son.  if he continues with the no fear thing, i can't imagine there's any way this little character's ever going to reach any resemblance of a mature animal.

k

davidlt89

Quotefunny to hear about him "playing" with your son.
Yes, I have not seen anything quite like it. he was very interested in us and was not leaving.
Quotei can't imagine there's any way this little character's ever going to reach any resemblance of a mature animal.
He will probably hang around all year within a mile of my place. If I see him during bow season, he definitely will not reach a mature age:yes:

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

That is pretty cool David. I don't think I've ever been that close to a "wild" deer 'cept dead ones.

You need to do some chumming. People say I do it but they would be wrong. It's just that the equines eat too slow.

I can see an arrer headed right for his lights.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

QuoteI don't think I've ever been that close to a "wild" deer 'cept dead ones.
I had a deer one year that took an apple from my friends hand during bird season. This one was much a much smaller deer! luckily for it, I had not started bow hunting yet!
QuoteYou need to do some chumming
Please elaborate:)

recoil junky

Like they do for fish, only for deer, only I don't do it on purpose.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

I have a couple buckets of some type of deer feed that I plan on putting out and seeing if the little fella will hang around! Of course, I cannot do that during the season as it is illegal to bait deer in Maine. But I have no problem putting it out now! God Bless.

Vermonster

bowhunter 51

"Tender".........:antlers:.......................................................BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

tbowser

I had some deer that were pretty interested in my turkey decoys this spring. I had one do three circles around me as I was trying to call in a gobbler. It (the deer) came within 5 yds and then left after sniffing my decoys. Two weeks later I had three young does walk up to my decoys and investigate them for about 20 minutes. Instead of using doe scent this fall I think that I will just set up my decoys about 15 yds from my deer stand and see what happens.

davidlt89

looked out the window this morning and seen my little friend again this morning. Got pretty close again today. looks like he is shaping up to be a 4pt. God Bless.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteI think that I will just set up my decoys about 15 yds from my deer stand and see what happens.
may be just crazy enough to work tbowser! keep us posted! God bless.

davidlt89

I read ya loud and clear Paul. I am going to bow hunt this little guy in another month and half. I need to register the 4 wheeler and go find where he is hanging. I believe he is not wandering to far from my house, probably staying within a square mile!!! God Bless.

Tags: