Eager For Heaven

Started by motor (deceased), January 13, 2005, 06:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motor (deceased)

"Those who have their hearts fixed on Heaven will hold loosely the things of earth."

"For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again." Philippians 1:19-26..KJV.

I have heard many a Christian say,"well i wish the Lord would come and take us home." have you ever said that? well i have and then i realized how selfish i was.. i look around and see all the lost people in the world and i feel ashamed how little i've done for My Saviour Jesus Christ..

Paul had a Heavenly perspective too, he said ,"For me to live is Christ and to die is gain."He knew that this life was about trusting and serving God..and he also knew that Heaven would be a far better place because he would be with Christ.he wanted to stay here so he could minister to the lost but he was ready to go to Heaven anytime..that's the way we should be, eager for Heaven to see our Lord and Saviour but willing to stay here and preach the gospel..what is your hearts desire?
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: