I finished the Krico 22 LR!

Started by sakorick, February 22, 2011, 01:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

It took me 6 months but she's a beauty whatever it is. I was told it's a Krico 230SA, however, I found nothing on the web so it's a mystery. I need to find some good rimfire mounts and a good scope. This rifle was a basket case....much worse than the BSA which is still in progress. Recommendations on bases and scopes welcome. I reblued, pointed up the checkering and refinished the stock. The functionality and test fire was flawless. Rabbits and critters beware! Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

WOW! That is a beauty!!! :yes: :bowdown: Good work Rick

Is the receiver already drilled and tapped?

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Quote from: recoil junky;111429WOW! That is a beauty!!! :yes: :bowdown: Good work Rick

Is the receiver already drilled and tapped?

RJ

No, it has a milled dove tail along the entire top of the action. I assume for Weaver style 7/16's bases???? What do you think? Regards, Rick.

drinksgin (deceased)

It sure looks like a Savage selfloader .22 to me, suppose it is a German clone as the Savage design dates from the '30's.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Brithunter

Ahhh BSA also made a SA rimfire with those muck vents.

Now Rick what size scope are you planning on fitting?

Put a caliper across those dovetails as it's possible I have some mounts.

Just looked quickly and I have a one piece mount with 1" rings that should take a 40mm Objective easily. It has those narrow dovetials and looks like it fits the dovetails on my Gewrman made Feinwerkbau air rifle so............. ;).

I believe it's a one piece Sportsmatch mount. It came on a used scope as I recall. I'll pop it in the post if you like.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

I appreciate the offer but put that offer on hold please. I have found a Konus 4 power that has the dovetail mounts. If the deal falls through, I'll PM you. Regards, Rick.

Quote from: Brithunter;111434Ahhh BSA also made a SA rimfire with those muck vents.

Now Rick what size scope are you planning on fitting?

Put a caliper across those dovetails as it's possible I have some mounts.

Just looked quickly and I have a one piece mount with 1" rings that should take a 40mm Objective easily. It has those narrow dovetials and looks like it fits the dovetails on my Gewrman made Feinwerkbau air rifle so............. ;).

I believe it's a one piece Sportsmatch mount. It came on a used scope as I recall. I'll pop it in the post if you like.

sakorick

I just received a email from Arndt at Kreigeskorte in Germany. My rifle was shipped in May of 1973 and is a M230. He was also kind and sent me the schematic. I sure wish I would have had this during reassembly!! Regards, Rick.

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

sakorick

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;111442Very cool, where did you find it?

Allans Armory. He was asking 500 and I purchased for 350. These rifles new run >800 dollars and some up to >a grand. The biathlon/olympic versions are much higher. I can't wait to get a scope on her and give her a fling! Regards, Rick.

gitano

My experience with the dove-tail grooves on European .22 RFs isn't 'good'. The ones I have had in my hands are narrower than the American ones. I had a devil of a time getting rings for my Euro .22 RFs. I realize that info doesn't help you much, but it did give me a chance to whine a little. ;) You may find yourself having to take BH up on his offer.

Nice work as usual!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

The grooves are smaller than US grooves. I measured .42 at the top and about .40 inside. The scope gets here Thursday and has bases included. It's a Konus scope so it must be made in China. Kevin, please stay tuned. Regards, Rick.

Brithunter

Rick,

No problem it sounds like the dovetails are 11mm. Problem is no one seesm to know exactly how they measure them as the bottom of your groves are near 10mm.

Pity as I am sure I could have picked up the perfect mounts last Sunday at the National Shooting Show.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

The Konus scope arrived today and I am totally impressed. The mounts fit to the European dovetails like they were made for it. The scope has paralax adjustment from 30, 50 , 75 100 and to infinity. The focus adjustment goes on forever.....great for us old guys! The lens presents a crystal picture and for 84 dollars delivered with rings one great bargain. Here is the Krico with glass. Kevin can breath some fresh air......you're off the hook old friend! Regards, Rick.

branxhunter

Bring on the range report!!!

Marcus

gitano

Good deal, Rick!

Since a range report only requires good weather and three steps out your back door, like Marcus, I'll be expecting one post haste.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: