My First Hunt!

Started by MyMonkey, February 05, 2011, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMonkey

WOOHOO! I went on my first hunt this am. :grin: Went out looking for Hog at a lease I just became a part of. Great deal it seems. I had a wonderful time. Got up before the truckers did even!

Got my Hog Ninja garb on. I have yet to build up a huge collection of camo but I am working on it!

Early in the am, at first faint light I heard what sounded like 20 Coyotes around. Was very cool.

I had a great time. Did not see any game but there were fresh hog and deer trails everywhere! Like an animal highway through some areas. (I now know where to set up in October!) :army:

Just thought I would post up a bit about my first hunt. I have learned a great deal from this forum.

RatherBHuntin

I love the area, great pictures
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Hunterbug

Very cool. Looks a little chilly there.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

davidlt89

great pictures! sounds like you had a good time!
QuoteI have yet to build up a huge collection of camo but I am working on it!
You don't even have to try, it will just happen! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

Step #1; ...You gotta lay in there with'm...and you did that!....Looks like a good
location...good cover......looks cold out there...it's hard for me to sit still when
it's really cold....good stuff, 'Monkey....thanks for sharing..........................BH51.
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

MyMonkey

Quote from: bowhunter 51;111121Step #1; ...You gotta lay in there with'm...and you did that!....Looks like a good
location...good cover......looks cold out there...it's hard for me to sit still when
it's really cold....good stuff, 'Monkey....thanks for sharing..........................BH51.

Yes it was cold. Was 14 degrees that morning. I was toasty though. Had dressed well. My toes were cold as ice though. Had to stuff a hand warmer into my socks but after that all was good.

gitano

Outstanding!

Thanks for the photos.

It might come as a surprise to some - I was born in Oklahoma.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

THAT'S what is wrong with you!
:D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

:MOGRIN::MOGRIN:

You notice that I said it might surprise some... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

best of luck to ya this Oct..................Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

sakorick

The Germans hunt them at night and that's why their scopes are so good. During the day, some apples and pears will help! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

This is a post that never showed up on my puter before. Good for you Monkey. Never give up. Good post & great pictures. Looks like a great place to hunt. Gitano, I thought there was something wrong with you. Now I know.   .....Paul H

gitano

It's a conspiracy, Paul. We don't like you. :D

Some crazy things happen 'on the web'. Most of my 'mysteries' here at THL have stopped in the past year, but occasionally one of my posts will simply 'disappear'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Nelsdou

Good luck on the pork.  Funny thing when I was chasing aoudad in southern New Mexico, a buddy of mine shot a feral hog in far southeastern New Mexico. I guess feral hogs are moving up the river drainages from Texas.

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

TackyDriver

I wish you lot's of luck & good times looking for "Free Range Pork." Don't sweat the camo. Hogs don't have the greatest eyesight. Just watch out for your scent and noise.
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

Tags: