Meat in the freezer

Started by LvrLover, October 15, 2010, 10:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LvrLover

The boy and I each shot a nice fat doe tonight. We have a 4 day doe season here through the weekend. Nice to get the does out of the way so I can concentrate on a buck during regular season.

He hit his in the spine/top of the shoulder- wow what an explosive result. I shot mine quartering to me in the brisket and out the off side behind the liver via the heart. It still ran 60 yards. Derik found the bullet in my deer, just under the hide on the off side. That is a rarity.

They got quartered and are cooling in the fridge in the garage overnight and I'll chop them into more managable chunks tomorrow after work. Just been too warm to let them hang through the day.

Nice start to the season. Meat for the winter.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Jamie.270

:jumpingsmiley:   :biggthumpup:  Then :chef:

Congrats on the venison!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Alboy

Quote from: Jamie.270;108457:jumpingsmiley: :biggthumpup: Then :chef:

Congrats on the venison!

What he said, hoping to some of that myself soon
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

I'm afraid one of the small ones in the back yard got killed by a car about 100 yards up the road a couple nights ago. Momma & the other one are still visiting where I spilled corn feeding the chickens. Congrat's. on the good eating. .....Paul H

gitano

QuoteNice to get the does out of the way so I can concentrate on a buck during regular season.
Eggzackly! Congrats to father and son! Good eatin' and good memories!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Our doe season is after the "any deer" rifle season.......they get hard to take by then. Now, you guys have the meat and you can concentrate on the trophy.......way to go.:D Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Vermonster

Very nice!  Congrats to both of you!!

Tags: