A new THL'er......

Started by Vermonster, August 24, 2010, 10:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Well, I have not logged on in 2 months, but I sort of have a good reason. :grin:

Please welcome Tyler James to the THL! He was born on July 23rd, weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz, and almost 21 inches long. Everything went smoothly. His big brother adores him, and we're all settling in.

Hunting season starts in 11 days for me, and life is returning to normal. Hopefully I can get back to spending some quality time with you all..... :antlers:

gitano

WAHOO!

CONGRATULATIONS!

All our best to you and your wife!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Well shucks looks like you been a little busy.

congratualtions to the family.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

Nice looking kid Sean, congratulations. We will let you slide this time!!! New kid and hunting season right around the corner, your living the high life bud!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Well done Sean!!!

I think he needs a new rifle!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Vermonster

Quote from: recoil junky;107533Well done Sean!!!

I think he needs a new rifle!!

RJ

Well, since you said that.....

40 years or so after my grandfather's death (before I was born), and after many hand changes amongst older siblings who have also died, my father has finally received what he has always wanted......... His Dad's gun.

Here it is, it's a .348 Winchester Model 71.  It's a thing of beauty, but man, is the ammo expensive and hard to find!!!!!

He's really excited, and will actually try to get a deer with it this fall.  

So, it'll eventually go to me, and even though he's got an older brother, maybe Tyler will have a "new" rifle someday...... :antlers:

gitano

Way Cool!

I'd love to have one of those! The .348 ammo gets a lot easier to come by if you reload it for him. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

TackyDriver

Congratulations on BOTH new arrivals. Both are things of beauty. Hope you can swing a hunt, especially if you can do that "San Diego Surf 'n' Turf" combo with your Dad. I hope some day you will be the old man being taken by your boys! Tell your partner she did a good job and know that my best thoughts go to you and your family.
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

noel

you should have put this in the fishing section,you got the bait back!lol!congrats and best wishes. that 348 is a beaut!hope it's a good shooter.looks like it would be fun regardless of the cost.
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Vermonster

Quote from: TackyDriver;107540Congratulations on BOTH new arrivals. Both are things of beauty. Hope you can swing a hunt, especially if you can do that "San Diego Surf 'n' Turf" combo with your Dad. I hope some day you will be the old man being taken by your boys! Tell your partner she did a good job and know that my best thoughts go to you and your family.

Well, since the baby was born in late July, and the parents came out a few weeks later, he is foregoing his trip out here for hunting this year.  However, I am hopeful that I will at least be able to sneak back to Vermont for the rifle opener in November.

sakorick

It's great to read good news here.....congrats on two nice finds. We need more good news posts! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

What  Rick said again. ....Good to see you're still around. Best of everything to the entire family.    .........Paul H

Tags: