New Hunting ground!!!

Started by MyMonkey, June 29, 2010, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMonkey

Well folks, I have finally pulled the trigger and bought some acres to use for hunting and shooting/whetever I want frankly. :D I am very excited to be the new owner of 20 acres in Hughes County Oklahoma. Nice large creek runs through the parcel and it has both hills and flat areas. Turkey are around because we saw them running all over the place there. Allegedly the deer are huge. :COOLdude: We shall see.

I have never been hunting but have been researching for a few years now an plan on using this little parcel to get my feet wet. Frankly, I got tired of trying to buy into a lease just to have one thing or another make it fall through. This is 1.5 hours away and isolated enough to be a challenge. Stoked!

Now I just need to find  a source for .300 savage rounds. :antlers:

Jorge in Oz

Congratulations on your new purchase. All the best and hope you get some game.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Alboy

20 acres can sound small but in the right terrain it is plenty, good luck and send pictures.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

:happy: congrats, put up a game cam, and see what ya got, best of luck to ya .Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

MyMonkey

I plan on putting out some feeders and a game camera just to see what shows up. Any idea what Turkey eat?
:)

Paul Hoskins

Turkeys will eat most anything. Corn or any grains, sunflower seeds, raisins, vegetation, you name it, they'll eat it. Specially gardens.   .......Paul H

bowhunter 51

I've witnessed them eat acorns and wild pecans (whole) .....................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

MyMonkey

drinksgin (deceased)

Al and I can recommend the Moultrie I40 game camera, it performed full time for over 6 months on 1 set of batteries, it is 2 years old and is just on the 3rd set now.
Recently the LCD display quit, I e mailed Moultrie about repair service, they said to send it in, I shipped it off, it was returned in 7 days with a new LCD display and a note giving me an extra year warranty on the display, only, shipped back with a no charge invoice even though it was originally guaranteed for only 1 year and was well past that when sent in.
This was taken last night, shows that coons and bats must be related as they both hang around upside down.
;D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

I have a moultrie also and I cannot complain. the batteries lasted about the same as don's and they were in some freezing weather!!!! takes great pictures also and is easy to use. sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

Chufa......Turkeys love them. http://www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/chufa.html

http://www.poceliteoutdoors.com/GOLD-CHUFA-INSTRUCTIONS.html

Good Luck. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: