Savage barrels

Started by drinksgin (deceased), February 27, 2010, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

Northland Shooters Supply is advertising Savage barrels in many calibers at very good prices, any budding Savage freaks/nuts should take a look.

:D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Quoteany budding Savage freaks/nuts should take a look.

And who, might I ask, would you be referring to, Don?

Thanks for the info... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

noel

good thing is he didn't call you a savage and a freak!:D
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

gitano

I s'pose.... But you and I both know he meant to...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Oh, how I am misjudged and maligned!
I'll just go eat a worm, or at least drown one in the lake, the fish are biting!
;D

gitano

I just got back from Northland's site at SavageShooters . com, and not being a paid member ($12 for one year), I don't have permission to access/communicate/post regarding those barrels.

OK.

I assure you, I am not going to PAY for the priviledge of buying something from "you". You gotta be kidding me. That'd be like walking into a car dealer and having them tell you to fork over $25 before they'll talk to you about selling YOU a car.

From their site regarding "levels of membership".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

What a pack of,[you fill in the blanks]!

:hanged::frown

Jamie.270

Just think of all the money those pay-to-$ell guys that paid their money to $ell their $tuff there, that can't $ell it to anyone but those fooli$h enough to pay-to-buy!

One born ever' minute!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

I suppose I should be crystal clear.

SavageShooter.com is a commercial enterprise. As such, I have NO problem with them charging for "admission". They're a business, and they want to make money. I'm "fine" with that. That's precisely why I'm only a "Basic" member.

However, Northland Shooter's Supply is a PAID "sponsor" at SS.com. It isn't Northland that is asking for the $12, it's SS.com. Now if I was Northland, and I PAID to advertise and sell on your site, and you made everyone that wanted to do business with me pay YOU FIRST... well, that's one way to do business.

There seems to be "lively" activity a the Northland site at SS.com, so it appears that Northland is fine with the arrangement. Northland just won't be getting my business. Unfortunately, he also won't even be getting any messages from me asking about business. That's what's 'kinky' to me.

It really isn't much different from having to pay the organizers of a "gun show" so you can go inside to see if you want to buy anything. They charge the vendors for floor space, and they charge the buyers that want to "look". It's good work if you can get it I suppose.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Or you can do as I did, find the email address of the owner of Northland and send a message that he should have no problem understanding and with no cussing or personal attack.

His email address is:
briggs.j-b@q.com

He has not replied yet, but I did invite him to.
Stay tuned!

:frown

Paul Hoskins

Some time ago I was a member of SS.com but haven't visited them for several years. Paying for membership must be something relatively new for them. I'll not pay anything to join any forum. I wouldn't mind donating to THL if it was needed like I did before when we were having problems.    ......Paul H

drinksgin (deceased)

Jim Briggs responded this morning, he explained that you have to join SS forum, but as a free member, to access his ad but did not have to pay, just go to vendor classified and Northland.
He also sent me his phone # and said he would be glad to tell me what barrels were available.
763-682-4296

gitano

Don,

Thanks for the info.

I am a "Basic" (free) member of SS.com, and I can VIEW the Northland site, but... as a Basic member, I can NOT post there or otherwise communicate with Northland or anyone else in that site. Therefore, how exactly would I order something from him or even inquire whether or not he has an item/model/configuration I am looking for?

Of course I could have done what you did, and "go the extra mile", but with MidwayUSA providing A&B barrels for $130 (and cheaper when on sale), why would I go to the trouble when "they" are doing everything they can to make it difficult to do business with them.

I own a business. I sell a service. I "break my back" to make it as easy as I can for potential customers to do business with me. I am extremely "unsympathetic" to people in BUSINESS that make it difficult to do business with them. I NEVER have, and I doubt that I ever will, understood that attitude from someone in business.

I also am old enough not to cut off my nose to spite my face. If the supply of Savage barrels suddenly dried up, and Northland/SavageShooters.com was the only place to get them, I would find a way to get access to Northland. Until then, I'll do business with those that WANT to do business with me.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

I  must have done something different, I joined free, found the ad, saw prices of as little as $65 for new, unfired, Savage made barrels and an email address to order them from.
Oh, well, the only Savages I have are a '99 and a 24, neither of which need a new barrel.

Tags: