No Relief

Started by Paul Hoskins, February 17, 2010, 05:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

We have been hammered three times with snow this month here in northern Ky. Can't get out & do much. Presently, there is about 14 to 16 inches on the ground here. Not much blowing snow either. It's getting rather monotnous. There is more snow in the forecast for the weekend. I'm tired of snow. Somehow I've messed up my lower back shovelling snow. The problem is on the right side of my lower back. I tried shovelling right handed but it's akward and doesn't help much. ......Come on spring!!!.....Paul H

bowhunter 51

Same here,  Mr Paul Hoskins....and the images you've posted are similar to what
we've been seeing...unusual around these parts....however we did see a brief
warming trend that melted not all, but most of it...still seeing flurries every other
day or so...Spring can't get here soon enough for me................................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

Pual :nana: same here also..........once it's gone..............o' man the water.....the ohio river is up some what now........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

There's plenty here in the mountains, and I can look at it all I want.  The nearest mountains are about a mile west from my place though, and there isn't any on the valley floor.

Should be a good quail crop this spring, and good quail hunting next fall as a result.  The moisture in the ground helps the eggs hatch out, and there should be plenty of grass and such for cover and feed.

We've needed it, and I'm not gonna complain a bit. :)
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

we have hardly gotten snow, probably only 16-18 inches on the ground. weather has been unusually warm also. Paul, show shoveling will screw up your back fast, even when the right technique is used. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Paul, if'n "Doc" wasn't in Haiti I'd send him your way with some youthful lads to help shovel snow. He'd be glad to do it.

Like Davidlt89, we in Colorado are lacking snow. SORELY!!! We've got about 14-16" in the back yard in the shade, but on the south facing slopes there are dirt patches starting to show. and the steeper hillsides are plumb bare. There is a good amount of snow in the mountains, but snowmobiling is still risky as some of the rocks and stumps are just below the surface.

One good thing, the deer and elk are having an easy time of it this winter.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

RJ thanks for volunteering Doc but he has his hands full as it is. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for anything. That useless place he's in sucks anyway. I suppose my back will eventually get better.   ......Paul H

sakorick

No relief here either. I took this pic at 0645 this AM......forecast for 2-4 inches tomorrow.:mad: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

It warmed up to about 36 deg. today & that made the snow settle some but the monkey on the radio just said more snow for this weekend. Drats!!!......Paul H

gitano

Hey, no rest for the weary nor the wicked...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

It was snowing here at 04:00 when I left for work and we got about 3"  of snow at work today. It never got above freezing, but it did get warm enough that the haul roads were turned into soup about an inch deep. I musta went through a gallon of wiper fluid between 11:00 and 15:00. My white service truck is brown with browner spots. I'm sure the doors will be frozen shut in the morning.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

Paul, what are you suggesting???......With all the snow, starlings swarm to my bird feeders & I keep the hawk well fed using the pellet rifle. At least I don't have to pick them up.  .......Paul H

gitano

QuoteWith all the snow, starlings swarm to my bird feeders & I keep the hawk well fed using the pellet rifle.
Now THAT'S fun! And constructive too.

See, there is a 'silver lining'.

Just wait 'til all that snow strarts melting. :eek:

Paul[/B]
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Flooding if it melts too fast. .....Paul H

sakorick

The forecast was for 2 to 4 inches today....Yeah, right....we even had to cancel Sunday S:frown chool.. Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: