Night Visitors

Started by Paul Hoskins, February 05, 2010, 11:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Ever since I saw the coydog & coyote together out back a couple weeks ago I've wanted to set up a trail cam at the back of the lot just to see what showed up. I had two of the cheapo Wildview cameras. One has a regular flash, the other is the Infared Extreme. The infared flash is about useless in these cameras. I opted for the regular flash model because it's much better at night. HOWEVER, when I installed the batteries, smoke poured out of it near the USB port. I Immediately removed the batteries but it kept smoking. (phew) I opened the door & threw it outside. I then put batteries in the InfaredExtreme & used it last night. The pictures tell the story. The skeleton bait is from one of the small deer I killed in the back yard during deer season. .......Paul H .....Well, there is another picture of the coyote but it won't upload for some reason. I'll post again & see if it comes thru. .....PH

recoil junky

Cat and a 'coon but no dogs. RATS!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Paul Hoskins

No wonder the picture wouldn't upload. Too many bytes. I worked it over by cropping most of it out. Notice the kitchen window between the coyotes ears. That light means I was still up when the varmint was there. I turned the light out around 1 AM. ......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

RJ, that's not a cat. Coyote. .....Paul H

recoil junky

AHAH!!! I see the varmint now!!! :biggthumpup:

The first picture looks like a cat tho.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: