Hi, Y'all

Started by Redneck2000, January 06, 2005, 07:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redneck2000

I'm a new guy from the Appalachian (sp?) foothills, and w/be looking for some help.  I've just come into possession of a T/C Hawken rifle (Cal .54) and know zilch abt it.  In the next few days, I'll be testing that old adage that there's no such thing as a dumb question, so bear with me.  More later...:p

RatherBHuntin

Welcome to The Hunter's Life.  I just recently got a CVA Bobcat .50 cal Percussion, and at least one or two others that visit also just started shooting black powder, so you aren't alone.  You sure picked a nice rifle to start with.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

Redneck 2000

Welcome aboard.

The only dumb question is the one that did not age addressed and let the gun blow up in your face. Since I am a moderator here some seem to think I am an expert. What I am is a shooter and trying to answer and/or help with questions has made me a student with a heck of a lerning curve in front of me. We will learn together.

Bet my last cap you have seen some things I have not and maybe I can give a hint ot two that will help.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Dragonfly

Hey Redneck!!!! Sounds to me like we both come from the same part of the country sorta.:D

I'm more from the Smokey Mountain range but we aren't too far astray from one another.

My son works for the railroad and he was in your neck of the woods for a year.  I'm trying to come up with the name of the town but it's not coming. :D :D  I think I'm having a "senior moment"...LOL!!!

12 gauge

Hey there and welcome to THL!

Glad you joined us! :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Redneck2000

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.  I do appreciate it.
Dragonfly:  I'm in northern Alabama, close to Lake Guntersville.

As I said before, I'm going to need some help/guidance w/this smokepole I've acquired.  I'm still trying to figure out just what all it is that I don't know, and will post some questions over in the BP/ML forum soon.

I've been shooting cap & ball revolvers for a while, but this Hawken is a a new critter for me...:confused:

RatherBHuntin

Hah, he's from my neck of the woods, not yours Draggy.  I got tons of family in and around Cullman, mostly in places whose names you wont find on a map.  My homes in Alabama, at least figuritively, for now. I learned to water ski on Lake Guntersville.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

NUMBERFARMER

Welcome to the forum.  If you can figure out the questions, I'm sure someone here will try and get you some answers. It's a pretty friendly group, so settle in and enjoy yourself.

Tool Dude

Welcome to the "Fam" Redneck!  I'm sure any questions you have about muzzle-stuffers can be answered by some of our folks here.  I'm doing the metalic cartrige thing, but I've always been interested in muzzle loaders.
All the best,
Brian

Dragonfly

Well heck I thought he said the Applachian Mountain area in SW Va.  My mistake. :D

Like I said..."senior moments" LOL!!!!

Antler3

Welcome , and good luck with your smoke pole. I muzzleload but am a beginner also. I use a thompson center arms 50 cal. scout. I shoot a 385 grain hollow point buffalo bullet with 90 grains of pyrodex powder, with a  # 11 percussion cap.  I've been told different guns like different amounts of powder and have found 90 grains to work well with mine. Good luck to you  :)
ANTLER 3

Tags: