Parker Hale 1100 deluxe - refinished stock

Started by branxhunter, January 23, 2010, 02:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

I have spent the evenings during the last week refinishing the stock on my friends .22-250, the one I posted a thread on earlier and for which I have been developing up some loads. The stock had a high gloss varnish finish that was in good condition in some parts but very dented about in others. It had one particularly deep dent along the sharp beavertail edge on the fore-end which I steamed out.

Stripping off the stain found some nice grain in the butt, however the fore-end is quite plain. I finished the stock with coats of Tru-oil and a final coat of some waxy timber polish which gives a beautiful smooth semi-gloss finish.

Enjoy the photos. Top two are before, other 4 are the finished product.

[ATTACH]11823[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]11824[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]11825[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]11826[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]11827[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]11828[/ATTACH]

Marcus

Brithunter

Time and time again under the factory finish we find much better figure :biggthumpup:  good work that looks mile better :) .
Go Get them Floyd!

22hornet

Great job. I wonder at some of the finishes rifle companies use.
Often the DIY'er can come up with a much better finish.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

LvrLover

I don't know why, but I can't see the pics in any of your posts.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Fieldmor77

branxhunter

"I don't know why, but I can't see the pics in any of your posts."

Lever, do you see the the small box with the red cross? I think if you click on it with the right button on your mouse it might open each one up.

Marcus

karthus

Tags: