Pulled Pork

Started by billythekidrock, January 18, 2010, 06:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billythekidrock

So I have decided to try my hand at pulled pork. (yeah, yeah, insert YAR joke here) It was a last minute decision and I also decided to try doing two, one in the oven and one in the smoker.
Hoping for a shorter cook time on one, I cut it in half and placed it in a Pyrex dish. I injected this one with a Garlic & Butter marinade that I bought at a sporting goods store. The recipe I used was found on the web and it consisted of 1/3 cup Worcestershire, ¾ cup brown sugar and ½ cup apple juice. It is in the oven at 225 degrees.

It was done in 4 hours. This turned out great. It was nice and juicy with a sweet flavor. Had this on rolls last night and tonight for dinner.

The second was injected with a mixture made up of ¾ cup apple juice, ½ cup water, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup salt, 2 Tbs Worcestershire. The rub included ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup Paprika, 1/3 cup Garlic salt, 1/3 cup salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Cumin. This one is in the smoker with a mix of Alder and Hickory chips.

This one finished at around 7 hours. It was juicy as well and actually "pulled" better then the other one, but it was a bit too "Paprika-ish" for me.

LvrLover

You should send us all a sample so we can give you our "expert" opinions.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

gitano

Quote from: LvrLover;102249You should send us all a sample so we can give you our "expert" opinions.

Eggzackly!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: