Back From Elk hunting with only pictures...

Started by Oregoneric, January 06, 2005, 03:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregoneric

Well I made it back home last night, no elk in the back to weigh us down on the way. My wallet didn't weigh much either after having to pay for a new transfer case. Thankfully it didn't leave me too far back in, only 26 miles from the closest ranch house. Lots of  fun with a foot+ of snow on the ground. No cell service. I made it in before midnight though, heck of a way to kick off the new year! I called AAA for a tow, apparently they don't cover where I was, it would have been another $1100 just for the tow! The dealer told me that Ford had a couple years where the chain in the transfer case tends to rub the wrong way, strecth out, and break. I got a buddy to pull me home, and then I had to wait until Monday for everything to open up, $1200 for the new case, and I had to put it in. This is the third one I've had with driveline issues, so needless to say, I'm done with Fords.

We seen elk everyday, just never in a location that we would have worked out. They stayed up high where they could see most everything and sneaking up on them was always fruitless. The closest we were able to get is when I shot the picture below, about 800 yards. When they all look at you like that you know the party's over. Might as well pull out the camera and get try it that way.  There are two good bulls in the middle, one is a 6 point with good width, but I don't think you'll be able to see that.

Anyway it was a lot of fun and we ended up with a few coyotes as well. I'll post a pic in the varmit area. I guess that some years are better than others.

Hunterbug

Sorry to hear that you didn't bring one home. The car problems stink too, that'll ruine a hunting trip. But I look forward to seeing the coyote pics.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Antler3

Sorry you had to learn about a ford the hard way ha ha. Nice picture, and yea i can pick out the bull. Other than the truck trouble sounds like you had a nice time though. Congrats on the yotes !
ANTLER 3

Oregoneric

Thanks.... I tried to post the yote pic, but it's a little big at 577kb. Anybody have an idea as to how to get it up?

Oregoneric

Thanks.... I tried to post the yote pic, but it's a little big at 577kb. Anybody have an idea as to how to get it up?

Antler3

Holler at RatherBHuntin on posting those pictures. He helped me alot but I'm not good enough yet to be of any help. You'll need to save them as jpg files. I reduced mine in the program microsoft picture it. Sorry can't help more. Hopefully someone will jump in and help ya out I'd like to see the pictures !! :D
ANTLER 3

Tags: