My Heaven on Earth

Started by sakorick, January 12, 2010, 07:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I started building my house three years ago and I'm almost there. I drew up the plans and came up with a 30x44' house with a 150'ft attached Sunroom facing 12 degrees West off due South and a 28x30 2 car garage attached. I wanted a hunting cabin with modern features. I did all the Millwork, hardwood floors, tile, wiring, and landscaping...the Kitchen, main entry, Mudroom and both baths are tile while the rest of the house is Pergo hardwood floor. The basement and structure were contracted. The exterior is all steel with 5 1/2 inch blown in insulation and the roof has 18 inches of batts. I still have the millwork to complete in the Sunroom and that's about it other than minor stuff. The house is surrounded by a covered 8 foot deck which is 16 feet in the back. Welcome to Heaven on Earth. Regards, Rick.

Heaven is where I do all my gun maintenance, stock work and relaxing!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I told you it was a "lodge". :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

VERY, VERY NICE

I like the cat on patrol too.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

drinksgin (deceased)

Rick, we saw the owner's picture in #7, where are the staff quarters you get?;D
The cat's chef should enjoy working in that kitchen, the last house I built for us had 22' of counter with an 8x8' walk in pantry, now we are stuck in a trailer with 8' of counter, bummer!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

davidlt89

Nice looking house Rick!!! I did not see my room on their though:shy: . God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;101941VERY, VERY NICE

I like the cat on patrol too.

Rick,

What Alboy said and I will add one more adjective....Superlative!!  Can't have a house without a cat or two!  I also noted you have a soft spot of the B-25 Mitchell..I would love to take a ride in that particular aircraft...:biggthumpup:

Really like your whole setup!

Ol' John...:Banghead: :sleeping:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Brithunter

Oh boy :yes: me like very much...................... Yes indeed very much. Must have been hard work though!

One can only dream.:shy:
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Quote from: LLANOJOHN;102010Rick,

What Alboy said and I will add one more adjective....Superlative!!  Can't have a house without a cat or two!  I also noted you have a soft spot of the B-25 Mitchell..I would love to take a ride in that particular aircraft...:biggthumpup:

Really like your whole setup!

Ol' John...:Banghead: :sleeping:

The B25 was the plane my dad flew in WWII while assigned the the 42d Bomb Group SN 34381....I built the model for him complete with the Group markings and correct SN. It is a cherished heirloom.

Constituted as 42nd Bombardment Group (Medium) on 20 Nov 1940. Activated on 15 Jan 1941. Trained with B-18, B-25, and B-26 aircraft. Patrolled the west coast during 1942. Moved to the Pacific theater, Mar-Apr 1943, and assigned to Thirteenth AF. Entered combat in Jun 1943, using B-25's and operating from bases in the Solomon Islands. Attacked Japanese airfields, personnel areas, gun positions, and shipping in the central Solomons. Engaged primarily in the neutralization of enemy airfields and harbor facilities on New Britain from Jan to Jul 1944, but also supported ground forces on Bougainville and attacked shipping in the northern Solomons and the Bismarcks. Later, beginning in Aug 1944, bombed airfields and installations on New Guinea, Celebes, and Halmahera, and flew photographic reconnaissance missions, while operating from bases in New Guinea and Morotai. Moved to the Philippines in Mar 1945. Attacked shipping along the China coast, struck targets in French Indochina, bombed airfields and installations in the Philippines, and supported ground operations on Mindanao. Also supported Australian forces on Borneo during May and Jun 1945, receiving a DUC for its preinvasion bombing of Balikpapan, 23-30 Jun. Brought its combat service to an end, Jul and Aug 1945, by attacking isolated Japanese units on Luzon. Ferried troops and equipment to Manila after the war. Moved to Japan in Jan 1946 as part of the occupation force. Inactivated in Japan on 10 May 1946.

Regards, Rick.

22hornet

Congrats Rick. Having the opportunity to build what you want is is a rare on indead.
And whats more you have done alot of the work too, not some shonky who calls themselves a tradesman.

It looks fantastic Rick but I bet the work wont stop there.......
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

Quote from: 22hornet;102039Congrats Rick. Having the opportunity to build what you want is is a rare on indead.
And whats more you have done alot of the work too, not some shonky who calls themselves a tradesman.

It looks fantastic Rick but I bet the work wont stop there.......

Hello Hornet. I don't know what a shonky is but can guess and you're right.....the work around a 170 acre farm is never done. Regards, Rick.

davidlt89

QuoteIt's image #3...
I like it!
Rick, I won't show my wife the picture with the stainless steel appliances. thats a can of worms better left unopen!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, that's a beautiful setup. I won't be showing it to my sweetie tho. I already hear enough out of her. I like large rooms which my house doesn't have. Thanks for inviting us in.  .........Paul H

Fieldmor77

This photo may just interest you Rick, the remains of a B 25 shot down by the Jap's in the Solomon Islands, my mother in law grew up there, and this wreck was pretty much in her backyard.

This was taken in 1959, the boys in the photo are islanders who worked for my wife's Grandad.
[ATTACH]11764[/ATTACH]

Interesting that your Dad was involved in the pre- invasion bombing of Balikpapan, as my Grandfather was part of the landing forces, it's been said many times, but ain't it a small world.

Tags: