It's cold!

Started by sakorick, January 06, 2010, 04:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

It's 1 above this morning with a red sky.

They are calling for 5 more inches then the bottom drops out.....Perhaps -20 tomorrow morning.:p

Ptooey....to cold to ice fish. Regards, Rick./SIZE]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

bowhunter 51

You better believe it, Rick...........whats that white stuff?...Oh yea!...we are
expecting several inchs of that stuff this evening...it'll be the first we've seen this
winter...I say bring it on...I got plenty of hot coffee and cocoa to go around, and
I got some of them lil' bitty marshmellows, too....wind chill is in the single
digits...burrrrrrrrr!........................................................................BH51.........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

drinksgin (deceased)

To the miserable in Missouri, please keep it to yourselves, we dunna want it!
If it doesn't watch out, I may have to put on my unlined windbreaker this winter.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Alboy

Quote from: drinksgin;101698To the miserable in Missouri, please keep it to yourselves, we dunna want it!
If it doesn't watch out, I may have to put on my unlined windbreaker this winter.

Ditto

I have been hunting my carhardts and insulated overalls with a vengence
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

recoil junky

It got up to 30* today and there was 2-3" of snow at 04:000 when I left for work.

Now it's 15* and snowing with about a 25 mph north wind. S'posed to get to -10 tonight, -25 tomorrow night.

I was going to fire up the snowmobile tomorrow but decided to build a fire in the shop and do something out there instead. Maybe I'll reload something.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

We are lucky thanks to Mr. Al Gore and his global warming. Maybe we could get him to provide some more evidence.....after all he invented the internet. :MOGRIN: I feel for the Polar bears having to swim around where there is no ice. :COOLdude: If it weren't for global warming, just think how cold it would be!!!! Thanks Al, regards, Rick.:p
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Chris Ott

And he is good at spelling, What else should we thank him for. OH YEA, He ain't President.

Brithunter

Hmmm well the snow over Christmas slowly faded but we have cold, for us that is, temps now and it's trying to snow again. We got a dusting today but that's all not like someplaces here. In some places they report 10" falling in a day :help: that has not been heard of for many years here. Oh well we will see what tomorrow brings they keep saying there is snow on the way but it seems to miss us here, we get some weird weather here, don't know why but it's like a different climate to a few miles up the road :stars: .

At least it's dry so I can shoot the 25-06 again tomorrow after having the stock off it :biggthumpup: .
Go Get them Floyd!

davidlt89

we got about 18" in the last snow storm! As far as cold, I certainly cannot complain. we had a couple days where it was -20 to -25 with the windchill, but 20-30 has been the norm. It was 42 degrees saturday. Has not been cold enough to get enough ice on the lakes to ice fish, which I have never seen this late before. BUT, there are people trying it. Been at least 4 snowmobiles drudged off the bottom of lakes so far!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Brithunter

Humph ................. it dry as it's frozen but it's snowing and there is quite a breeze. I will see bad it is in a while as I have to take the Aetec to the post office to post it back.
Go Get them Floyd!

recoil junky

-20 last night. I was going to do some reloading this morning but I got a phone call about 09:30. One of the other mechanics house burned down this morning and I have to go cover for him while he sorts things out.

Poor bugger, Bad enough his house burns down, but at -20? In January?

We'll put up some collection cans around at work. One thing about where I work, we stick together.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

recoil junky

-29 right now (03:28, 08 Jan 10)

The Kee Kee birds are out!! And there's brass balls rolling around too! :D

RJ

noel

:jumpingsmiley: those poor monkeys! and I suppose there would be brass nuts falling in your yard also?from the bridge!that's funny, everybody smile!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

gitano

Quote-29 right now (03:28, 08 Jan 10)

The Kee Kee birds are out!! And there's brass balls rolling around too! :D
That's what you get for living in that godforsaken wilderness. :D

I always hate to hear about a home burning down. It's usually a tradgedy far greater than the building. As for "Bad enough his house burns down, but at -20? In January?", that seems to be the case most of the time in cold climates. There's always something going on in the winter that increases the likelihood that a fire will start.

I really do truly wish that fellow all the best for the coming year. It didn't start off so well, that's for sure.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Sure hate to hear of anyone's house burning regardless of the temp. but in sub zero weather is a real bummer. ......Not too bad here in northern Ky. at 17 deg. last night and five inches of snow but I don't like it anyway. .......Paul H

Tags: