Thanksgiving Supper-Texas style!

Started by LLANOJOHN (deceased), November 26, 2009, 05:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

:stop:

The following receipe is not for the feint of heart.....:help:

It has been my family tradition for the last 20 years or so, to substitue Chili & Tamales for the usual Turkey & trimmin's. Here is our chili receipe.

In a 6 quart slow cooker........................

5 to 6 pounds of meat..preferably chili grind Venison but beef, chicken or pork may be substitued.
1 medium onion diced.
1 tsp granulated garlic or a coupla cloves diced.
2 cans Rotel Chili fixin's.
2 pkts of Wick Fowlers Two Alarm chili ingredients.
Water to just cover the meat..........stir to mix all the ingredients!

Turn the cooker to HIGH.........cook for 4-5 hours. stir occasionally!

YUMMY....:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :stars: :stars: :help:
Add the flour packets about 30 minutes prior to eatin' time...stir again

Ol' John..:Banghead: :sleeping:

PS....cooking up a batch right at this moment....the aroma is wonderful!
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Alboy

Sounds pretty good to me. Only two packets of wick fowlers for 5-6 lbs of meat? doesn't sound all that spicey hot to this old boy and I am certainly no fire breather
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;99912Sounds pretty good to me. Only two packets of wick fowlers for 5-6 lbs of meat? doesn't sound all that spicey hot to this old boy and I am certainly no fire breather

Alboy, those 2 cans of Rotel kick it up to the firebreathin' status.:biggthumpup:
Take my word on that.:end:

Ol' John...:Banghead: :sleeping:
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Alboy

Speakin of fire breathin I was visiting with Don the other day and he fiugures that the hot sauce he sent to you and Paul at the same time is gone at your house and still in the jar at Pauls.

He fixes my boy Adrian up with peppers just about everytime we go by there. Still plan on dragging him (and myself) up to Castell for some BBQ one of these Sundays.

Been trying to get a bud out of Mt Home to give you a call on some trigger work, heard anything out of him? Jim H
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

I dunno about John's can, but I've still got a tablespoon or two of it left. I'm the only one in the house that can handle it. I love it and put it on most everything I eat, but I'm tellin' ya, that stuff will light you up! What I like about it is that it isn't simply "hot" for hot's sake - it has great flavor.

Paul

"Flour packets" - I don't see that in the original recipe...
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I have the same recipe and I love the rotel hot tomatoes and all pinto beans. I also throw in some jalapenos for good measure! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

mtnpenny

Do ya'll even have taste buds left after all that hot stuff?
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

Paul Hoskins

You guy's that like spicy foods would love my pepper relish. I use the same ingriedients for pickling as bread & butter pickles but I use Cheyenne & jalapino peppers for the rest. Half jalapinos & half Cheyennes. Sometimes I throw in a handfull of peppercorns & a couple chopped onions to sweeten it up some. I run the peppers & onion through the meat grinder.  .........It is absolutely delicious. .......Paul H

Paul Hoskins

This is what my pepper relish looks like. I call it Hellfire Relish. .....Paul H

Tags: