New rifle???

Started by jesusgecko, October 21, 2009, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusgecko

I may be getting (let's face it - WE may be getting since the other half is super excited) a tidy wee .22 target rifle courtosey of a mate for $500.  Is a BSA,  and has a lever action thing going on despite being only single shot.

Doesn't matter what anyone else says - I'm buying anyway if he decides to part with it.  Groups well,  and both of us want OUR OWN rifle to take during smallbore season!!!

So why did I even post this?  Martini is why!!!
Normality is for the weak.

Jorge in Oz

Hey JG it must be a BSA Martini Cadet.

What caliber is it in?

Should have posted this thread in the firearms section bro. Doesn't matter though.

I just bought one check out he photos and let me know if it is the same. Could be a fancier target model. They are nice rifles.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Brithunter

Ahhhh you could mean something like this:-

BSA Model 12/15 with the normal P-H No7A aperture target sight and FS22 tunnel sight. The action is of Francotte martini design.

Although of course Greener and Bonehill converted loads of Martin Henry's to .22 as well as cadets. So let us know what you have :biggthumpup: .
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting, but I for one have only congratulations to offer. Of course I have a soft spot for single shots and all Martinis.

Waiting on pictures.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Excellent! :biggthumpup: A target Martini!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Fieldmor77

Good times J.G, a fun little rifle for the range.

sakorick

I have been trying to get my hands on one of those for years.....to date, no joy. To sleep, perchance to dream.........I can only dream. The Martini is #1 on my "find one list". Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

Rick there are some here for sale on this website in Oz. I especially like the International which is sold. I think Paul has one of those :huh2: , not sure.

http://www.acme-firearms.com.au/Used%20Rifles/Used%20Rifles.htm

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

jesusgecko

I think that may be the one,  except your's is much pertier!!!

Depends on whether the current owner decides to buy a Walther he has his eye on,  and needs funding.  Fingers crossed!!!  

Will put pics up if it's a go.

Brithunter

Quote from: sakorick;98696I have been trying to get my hands on one of those for years.....to date, no joy. To sleep, perchance to dream.........I can only dream. The Martini is #1 on my "find one list". Regards, Rick.

Oh Darn it Rick, I brought one for a friend in the US who then decided it was too much hassle to import along with a Vickers Martini and paid about £25-£30 for each of them. As they were not on my licence I had a friend who is a dealer pick them up and he held them whilst Les mucked about changing his mind. Then Chris sold them for me at a tidy profit I might add. This was two years ago now and they have gone up in price but they can still be found for around £60 here.

I got mine off a club member who was giving up to shooting to go play at re-enactments :confused: and I gave him the £25 he asked for.

Edit:-  Rick PM sent about a Martini.
Go Get them Floyd!

jesusgecko

Not happening after all.  I could get upset about it,  or I could just take it as meaning something better is waiting for me - just like:

a) not being able to buy a Marlin XS7 led to my Titan 6

b) not splashing out on a super expensive reloading kit led me to getting a second hand press at a great price

c) not having the Swedish National Cheerleading champs return my calls led me to finding Sara

gitano

Well, JG, that's a pretty good attitude to have. We all could take a dose of that perspective now and then.

By the way, could you PM that phone number please? ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

jesusgecko

QuoteBy the way, could you PM that phone number please?

'fraid not,  old bean.  Until I've chucked a ring on Sara's finger,  I gotta keep my options open.  

Apparently a burger ring won't do.  Pfft.  Women.

Brithunter

Whoops my manners seemed to have slipped :stare: :Banghead:  thank you for the compliment on the 12/15. The buttstock is rather nicer than that usually found on them. Pity it's been shortened slightly but I suppose I can live with it :shy: .

Good luck in the pursuit fo yours :biggthumpup: .
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: