Hmmm Ok so they want me to have a go

Started by Brithunter, October 08, 2009, 01:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

at this Saturday evenings "Tassle Shoot"

Hmmm it seems that during the winter indoor season the club holds these "Tassle Shoots"  once a month. The Shoot is three arrows in a black target face with a single white circle in the middle of approx 4" for re-curves, the compounds have a target with five white dots on it of smaller diameter than the re-curves use and shoot one arrow at three of the dots, stops them hiiting their other arrows. I think it's a FITA target but an not sure on that :undecided: but it has scoring rings as well. Now the Tassles are coloured arrow wipers :confused:  and after the round is shot (36 arrows) your overall score is added up and depending on what you scored decides on what colour Tassle you win.

Only two club members have got the rainbow, multicoloured, ones as that requires an almost perfect score. Wendy our lady competitor with her compound did a perfect score and Paul one of the coaches dropped 2 points using his re-curve.

I was saying that they only want to go so I would embaress myself ..................... again :greentongue: ................... but Ernie the treasurer said not so and if I shoot like last night which was mainly 4's with the odd 5 and a scattering of 3's I would move up the colours quickly.

We will see how it goes this evening and check out costs of entry before deciding yea or nay.
Go Get them Floyd!

babbyc1000

sounds fun! let us know how you get on, and find out if theyd let me use my cross bow :D
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Brithunter

Nope cross bows are too crude and often nowhere as accurate as the compounds.

One thing crossbows do do is wreck the target butts. Something to do with the bolts fired although I don't quite understand why :confused: .
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

GO GET 'EM 'FLOYD'!

Waiting to see your results.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Daryl (deceased)

I believe the true object of such things is to improve skill and have fun.

Compete with yourself and all will be well.

It's been a lot of years since I was involved with archery competitions.   We had a "league" type competition here for several years, and it was fun, but also became time consuming during the hunting season.

One night a week doesn't sound like much, but it got rough having to get everyone together to "make-up" the missed shoots that we missed due to being out of town/state on hunts.  My team included me, my dad, my brother, and a couple of hunting buddies that usually went with us on extended hunts.

During one competition period, my team aquired the name "Gone Hunting" because we missed the first month's worth of matches due to being in another state bowhunting elk (Colorado).  We were back for a week, then gone a week (turkey hunting in northern Az), were back a week, then gone another week hunting elk in northern Az again, then back a week and gone another week on a deer hunt.

We were shooting pretty much every night we were here to try to keep up in the competition, but it did help keep us in practice for the hunting seasons.

;)

Good luck and have fun!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

QuoteOne night a week doesn't sound like much,

It does to me. I've got two kids, and "one day a week" will eat you alive.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Ahhhhh I go to the club twice a week, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, this week it will be three nights with Saturday's "Tassle Shoot". This is not much of a problem the village hall is just over 5 minutes by car. I am hoping to get either a Blue or Red tassle so will need to score up to 150 points with my 36 arrows. If you only score one point you get a tassle a white one. it's designed to encourage even the youngsters just starting.

I got the top colour wrong it seems it's Purple then going down to Gold, Red, Blue, Black and white if I got that right :undecided: . The get the Purple you need to get 175-180 points out of a possible 180.

Oh I found out tonighte that's it's also a social occasion with a sort of buffet as well :biggthumpup:  it's sounding better all the time. Cost is £1:50 which goes towards the hire of the village hall. A contribution tot eh cost of the buffet is asked of those attending. Next months Tassle shoot is on the 12th of December.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

So BH, what ever happened with 'this'?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Tags: