Marlin Model 40 (22LR)

Started by mmoser, January 02, 2005, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmoser

My dad inherited this rifle a while back and I'm having a few problems with it jamming.  I made a post on rimfirecentral but didn't get any replies.  Just trying to figure out if anyone has heard of it before.  I swear it looks just like a Model 60 (semi-auto, tube mag, 22LR) but it has Model 40 on the barrel.  Just any info on it and if its worth my time would be appriciated.

Matt

Lost Hunta

Pictures plz. My friend has a Marlin auto .22 of sometype maybe same type as yours
"Cari" my M4 carbine

mmoser

I've never posted a pic before and don't really have the digital camera handy but like I said before it looks exactly like a Marlin Model 60 down to the tee.  Here is a pic of a 60 on the marlin website, http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/selfLoading22wTubularMag/60.htmCould this Model 40 just be some sort of combo for the Model 60?  I have no clue of the gun's age, could it be the gun before the Model 60?  I really have searched the web or at least on google and found nothing so far.

Matt

Kit

Quote from: mmoserMy dad inherited this rifle a while back and I'm having a few problems with it jamming.... looks just like a Model 60 (semi-auto, tube mag, 22LR) but it has Model 40 on the barrel. Just any info on it and if its worth my time would be appriciated.
Well now - if it's jamming it's not what it looks like on the outside that matters - so for that reason and for these ol'timers to identify it -- I also suggest you take pics of the thang itself - close-ups even.

And can you describe the 'jam' - what you did, sequence of events, cartridge (s) used?  I've read other threads where details such as these were given to get feedback.

Good Luck!
 ~Kit

Tags: