Kombi Jnr has arrived - now with name!!

Started by kombi1976, June 05, 2009, 12:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

After much speculation on which rifle I should buy with the federal govt baby bonus Kombi Jnr No4 arrived at 10am this morning.
As was expected the baby was another boy and  he broke his older brother's previous record of 10lbs 7oz.
No4 weighed in at 10lbs 14oz (4.945kg)!! :eek:
He is also 53.5cm long.
Mummy is feeling a little sorry but is not sorry.
Unfortunately she is having trouble making up her mind and it is this reason that I cannot give you a name yet.
Here are some pics of him just after he was born....

I'll keep you posted and let you know what crazy name Mummy tries to saddle him with. :D
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

davidlt89

Congratulations Andy and tell Mom a job well done! I look forward to hearing the name. Hey, you both have the same amount of hair!:D My brother just had his third 3 days ago, well, his wife had it. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

TackyDriver

Congratulations Kombi, you Stud!:biggthumpup:

From the pix I can tell that you and your wife do good work. I can appreciate the naming dilemma. With my kids we hit on a workable formula: The first name is one that we both (my wife) liked, and then we gave our kids 2 middle names, one from each side of the family, and then the last name.

Originally, the idea was to make ourselves and both sides of the family satisfied. Later, we found that there was a practical advantage to this naming scheme. If one of our kids was about to do something wrong, we'd warn them by using their first given name, no nicknames: "Patrick, stop standing on the chair." If our child didn't get the hint from that and kept on we'd warn him/her again using the first and second name: "Patrick Alan, get down from that chair and STOP trying to reach those cookies." If the child persists, then we're throwing in the third name and the fruit of my loins should know that the ice he's skating on is getting thin: "Patrick Alan Gregory, get down from the chair, STOP trying to reach the cookies, AND DON'T USE THE CAT AS A STEP STOOL TO EXTEND YOUR REACH." Of course, like Bill Cosby says, children are just brain damaged people, and the kid is just not getting it. If we've gotten to the third name, usually it's just not a good day. Sometimes, you just have to use the last name and then the offspring should know that he/she is in deep Kim Chee: "PATRICK ALAN GREGORY SCHMIT, IF YOU DON'T PUT AWAY THAT CHAINSAW, GET OFF OF THE CAT, LEAVE THE COOKIES ALONE AND GET OFF OF THAT CHAIR, I WILL GROUND YOU UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, OR I FIGURE OUT SOMETHING MEDIEVAL TO DO TO YOU, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST!" Feel free to throw in your wife's maiden name, confirmation name or whatever to suit the occasion.

Still and all, in spite of the accelerated depreciation, when my kids smile at me or do something right, it's all worth it. All the best, to you and your family. Don't let the kids shag any tires.:D

NOTE: the actual names of the characters in this post were changed to protect the guilty.
NOTE NOTE: The California Department of Child Services has not been called as of yet.
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

klallen

adorable.

thanks for posting the pics.  made my morning seeing your newest addition to the family.

congrats to mom.  happy both are doing well.

rockinbbar

That's great!

Everyone looks well, and you must be very proud!
Congrats to you & the wife.

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Alboy

Noticed the hair (or lack of it) right off, has to be yours Kombi looks just like ya.

Good to hear Mom is doing well and that is a strapping boy alright, should be walking next week.

Could name him like we do th critters around here; one to just get started and then add names as the personality is revealed. One cat Barkly Putt Fatboy Meister
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Daryl (deceased)

That's wondeful, Kombi!

Congrat's on the new addition to your family!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

drinksgin (deceased)

When does he get his .22? Seems to be nearly big enough handle one now.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

kombi1976

Thanks, lads. :)
Especially Alboy for the hair comment. :mad:
He certainly is a good sized little tacker and should hold a gun well.
I suspect however that he will also take a bit of keeping......mostly in food. :(
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

recoil junky

Awesome kombi!

He's going to be a real corker!!

With 4 boys I'd hate to pay for all that tucker!

I think a cheer is in order.

hip hip hooray

HIP HIP HOORAY

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

Congrats! With 4 boys when are you going to find time to hunt? Is this the end or are you going to keep trying for the wife's little girl?
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Another good lookin' boy there kombi.:biggthumpup::biggthumpup::biggthumpup:

Congratulations!:jumpingsmiley: :jumpingsmiley: :jumpingsmiley:  

I have but one question... How'd an ugly cuss like you land such a good-lookin' wife?:D

Good on you and her mate.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

What everybody else said. :D Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

22hornet

Its about time too!
A little baby kombi.:baby:
Congrats to you and your (brave) wife. :MOGRIN:
I hope the rest of the family is doing well.
I saw this picture of a Kombi sidecar and thought it would be just the thing for the little guy.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

jesusgecko

Congrats dude!!!

Maybe you could keep "Kombi Jr" as the little(ish) fella's name?
Normality is for the weak.

Tags: