My plate's kinda full these days

Started by gitano, March 09, 2009, 07:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

As some of you know, I spent almost two weeks in Midland seeing to my aunt's "final affaires". I buried her, my Dad's favorite sister, on the 18th. Less than two weeks later, my Dad was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. Considering that he's in the midst of cancer chemotherapy, pneumonia was a serious matter, and that's where I've been for the last week. I have to be in Chicago for the next week, and then it's back to Kalifornia with my Dad. As such, I won't be around THL too much in the foreseeable future. I'll pop in from time-to-time to 'crunch a few numbers' (that's always good 'therapy' for me :D ), but for the most part, I'll be "otherwise occupied" as they say. If I appear "distant", it's because I am.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rockinbbar

Paul,

Man I hate to hear of the rough times you are going through.
We are all pulling for you, you know that.

If we can do anything, please let us know. ;)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

Paul,

I'm very sorry to hear of the bad times you and your family are having.

Words seem shallow, but keep yourself safe, and know you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

LvrLover

Sorry to hear of all your troubles.
I'll put you on my prayer list.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

davidlt89

that certainly is full plate!!!!! Sorry to hear all that is going.  I will certainly send some prayers for you and your family my friend. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Ditto what has already been said, you are in my prayer too.

I am figuring yopur Dad and mine are pretty close on the seniority meter, he just did a successful bout with the pneumonia too.

Ask if you need something.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

Paul... i'm sorry to hear you got hit hard with all these troubles........your in mine also........take care..Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Antler3

I'm sorry, stay strong and You'll be in my prayers also.
ANTLER 3

22hornet

I hope everything workws out OK mate.

Just remember to take some time for yourself and your immediate family. Spending some time away from your troubles is good for you too.

We are thinking of you.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

Both my mom and dad are gone.....I feel for you and offer my sincere prayer that better days are ahead. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

RatherBHuntin

I'd like to add my condolances for your aunt and prayers for you and your dad.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Paul Hoskins

Paul, sure sorry to hear this. You're never alone. Best of everything to all concerned.    ............Paul H

gitano

Thanks again folks. With the aid of 'modern medicine' and your prayers, my Dad has whipped the pneumonia, and is headed home come Monday. I'll be headed back to the PRK soon thereafter. Thanks for your kind words and prayers.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: