Great catch

Started by davidlt89, February 04, 2009, 03:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

recieved an email from my hunting buddy yesterday. It seems his little cousin enter a local fishing derby this weekend. He was not on the lake long and caught this 6lb 3oz landlocked salmon. I have been fishing here for 38 years and 5lbs is the biggest I ever landed. Anyway, he went and entered it and went home and anxiously awaited to hear the results. He won the youth division which gave him a 100.00 and the little stinker ended up winning overall which paid him a 1000.00. So, he was paid 1100.00 to fish for four hours. Can't beat that. here a picture of the proud lad. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rockinbbar

I love it when kids grin like that and see the success and rewards that being a sportsman can give!

Great Job! :)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

bowhunter 51

:biggthumpup: Ha, ha....ha....You can bet, that lad will be a sport-fisherman from
here on out..............................................................................................BH51.....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Hunterbug

That's cool. Good for him. I'll bet that he's REALLY hooked now.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

davidlt89

Wish I could find a job that paid like that!!!!!! God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

David, that's just great. I love seeing kids getting involved with good clean sport like fishing and hunting. That picture will probably be in The Maine Sportsmans next issue. Congrat's. to the lucky kid.   ...........Paul H

sakorick

What a beauty and a proud angler too! Tell him I expect a bigger one next time!:biggthumpup: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

I will let hime know the kind words!!!! His father is a guide up in their hometown and is the one who set me on the bear stand last year. His older brother comes up my way and I let him hunt youth day for deer on my granfathers property. so far he is 2-3. Next year this one will be joining us as he will turn 10 before the season opens. He has actually been ready for about 3 years now. can't wait to see his smile with a dead deer on the ground. God Bless.

MountainMafia

Good going buddy. That's the size we all go after but seldom catch. He is a real fisherman, as you can see by that smile.:biggthumpup:

I can also see, by the way he is dressed, that he snuck up on it :rolleyes:
...that\'s my story, and I am sticking to it

Antler3

Oh what joy that brings !!  That grin says it all. Tell the little lad congrats for me !  :biggthumpup:
ANTLER 3

Tags: