First coyote of 2009

Started by billythekidrock, January 04, 2009, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billythekidrock

Bobcat and I went out and started 2009 off right.

We went to an area that Bobcat had scouted, but never hunted. When we got there we quickly noticed that it had recently been logged nearby. I wanted to take a look "over the hill" and found a downhill slope that was logged with reprod along the right side.
The wind was light from our left to our right and Bobcat set up downhill about 50 yards from me. He had the Foxpro about 25 yards away on his right side. I couldn't see Bobcat, but wanted him closer to the call since he was shooting his shotgun. I hunkered down behind a fallen log and didn't really have a great field of view.
I ran a hi-pitched cottontail sound for almost a minute, but didn't like it and I switched to DSG. After about another minute I tried to reposition a bit so I could see Bobcat. What I saw was the shotgun come up and go BOOM! I quickly looked to the left and saw the coyote just as the shotgun went off again. BOOM! Spinning yote, right in the mud puddle. The dog came to 25 yards when Bobcat raised to shoot and it died only a few yards away.

Bob

Bob and I

It was a small male with a ratty hide. I drug it out of the puddle and Bobcat went for the camera. It was the only dog of the day.

rockinbbar

He's a dark one...;)

Good Job!

I've been warming up my .223 some since the first myself.
I'll get around to posting pretty soon, i hope.
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

davidlt89

nice one, congrats! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Another good job. Congrat's.   .........Paul H

Tags: