Merry Christmas to all.

Started by 22hornet, December 13, 2008, 10:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22hornet

To everyone here at THL I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Its been almost a year since I joined and I have enjoyed reading and becoming involved in some good topics. Its been a great year and I have learnt alot.

So that are you going to be doing for Christmas this year?

I'm not working this Christmas, first time in 5 years, so I'll be home when the family comes around.

My dad will be cooking the turkey and roast pork, my sister and her family will be supplying the drinks, my brother and his family will bring dessert.

The kids will be swimming in the pool and later on we will be having the traditional game of cricket. (Sorry BH , but no-one wants to be England. We usually have OZ v's New Zealand)

I'll kick back with some beers and prawns.

I only have 2 rules at my house at Christmas. Everyone is welcome and please bring some food to share around.

So what does everyone else do for Christmas?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

RatherBHuntin

We all spent Thanksgiving together so I think that we will spend Christmas day with just immediate family.  I think that I may see my brothers Christmas Eve and we are spending the Saturday prior at my dad's along with my stepmother's family.  There will be some kind of dirty santa and some spirits to be sure.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Like RBH, we spent Thanksgiving with a lot of other family members.  Even my MIL came down from Colorado, and a good time was had by all.

This Christmas I think we're going to spend time with just me and my wife.  I have an outfitter friend coming down from Colorado just after Christmas, and I'll have to go out to show him some areas to hunt here, but mostly I want to spend some quality time with my wife.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

recoil junky

A Merrry Christmas from our house to all ya all!!

RJ Jr is going to be here!!!!!  We'll go pick him up in Hayden on the 23rd.The in-laws will be here as well. My mil spoils me. :bowdown: Cooks up a storm while she's here. The fil thinks I'm ok too. He always spend time at Sears inn the tool department before he comes for a visit :biggthumpup: I was hoping he'd go to Sportsman's Warehouse this time, so we'll see.

Hope everyone here at THL has a wonderful and safe holiday season and a prosperous New Year.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas also. it is a busy time for us here. we have to travel to my dads Christmas eve and then to my grandmothers. it is getting harder with 3 kids but it is good for them to see the kids and they spoil them something awful. Christmas morning my wife's mother and step dad come over and we all open presents then have a huge dinner and eat way to much. then I spend the rest of the night putting together lego cities and getting toys out of there boxes. then I get to go back to work the next day!
QuoteRJ Jr is going to be here!!!!!
good to hear, I bet this will be an exciting time for both of you. have you got enough snow to sled yet?
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Good for you RJ, so glad to hear all the good things coming your way. Well earned I might add.

We are looking forward to a good feed here too. Not going to spend so much money on presents as making sure everyone gets together to enjoy the season.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

Merry Christmas to everyone. Muffin and I are planning on staying home for Christmas but my girlfriend and her husband and boys will be here. We usually spend Thanksgiving with my girlfriends folks. There is always lots of good food for Thanksgiving and Christmas. All my kids live too far away to make it for Xmas and Thanksgiving. ..............Paul H

Antler3

Merry Christmas from our house to all of you.  My oldest daughter turned 27 and has two daughters and step son and has voiced to all of us she wants to stay home this year. We will all pitch in and cook things for dinner.  There will be around 18 to 20 of us family get together and open presents and have dinner and talk about the three day Christmas rifle hunt that starts December 26th. Hope all enjoys your families and don't forget to say Happy Birthday to Jesus ...
ANTLER 3

22hornet

I spoke to my grandmother today and she said that they are not able to travel to our place for christmas this year. They are both old and not too well and the travel is beyond them.
Grandma did ask that if she sent some money could we please buy something to put on the table for everyone to share. I heard my grandfather in the background shout out "buy a box of cherries and mangos" so thats what I will do.

It a shame that they can't make it and its sad that they probably won't ever be able to make the trip again due to their health so we will take the kids to see them in the new year.

And RJ, its great that RJ Jr is coming home too!!
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Tags: