A few Parker Hales looking for info

Started by R70Mach1, March 03, 2008, 03:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R70Mach1

I found this forum doing a search on parker Hale Rifles. I have already read a wealth of knowledge from you all.  Thank you.  I have had Parker Hales for several years now and I love them. I own 5 of them. I have attempted to post pictures of the 4 30-06 's and will follow with the 308.  I will also folow up with the proof mark info so I can get some help with dates. Two of them are intersting in that one has now checkering at all and one is a rounded stock rather than a more squared off forend.

gitano

Well, as you know, there are a couple of P-H officianados here at THL. I don't happen to be one. Not that I don't care for them, I simply know no more than I have learned here. Of the four you showed us, I prefer 1581.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

R70Mach1

Ha! amazing so do I .  It has no checkering at all but is my favorite and my constant hunting companion. T

The last picture is my sons that my uncle restocked for him as the original P-H had a crack in it. The first one is a presentation grade that the pictures don't do justice. The other is an oddball with a  rounded fore end P-H that I got for my other son to hunt with and is a good shooter.
The presentation grade has a proof mark with the crossed lances with a Y at 9:00 oclock and a B at 3 o'Clock with a 6 at 6o'clock .

The rounded stock has a L at 9oclock and a C at 3 oclock with a 4 at 6 oclock.
The non checkeered PH has a Y at 9 oclock and a B at 3 oclock with a 6 at 6 o'Clock

I haven't taken apart the restocked parker hale.

RatherBHuntin

Nope, you two are both wrong.  Don't be ashamed I can see how yo ucould get them confused, but the last one is indeed the nicest of the bunch, beautiful wood on it.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

R70Mach1

Well it is not an argument I want to get into. I like them all.  The last one is special as it is made by my uncle for my son and all the wood comes from the family farm. Can't put a price on heritage. :shy:

Shotgunhemi

Gday there R70Mach1. Good to see there is a new member here with a decent muscle car interest like mine hehe. Nice looking cobra jet you got there mate. Ive been hunting around down here for one for a while but have put it on hold for the time being while I sort out my new career aspirations. Have fun shredding those tyres :)
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

R70Mach1

Thanks, yes that has been both my joy and greatest frustration for the last 15 years. It has been an adventure getting it back to mint condition. My 18 year old son seems to think it is his though, and I rarely see it.  But I restored it to be driven, so I can't complain.

My wife doesn't complain as much when I spend money on it as when I spend it on more rifles. I guess she gets to enjoy that more than my rifles.

Brithunter

Hmmm it appears that I missed this one. Photo's of the proof marks with the private view mark is required to date them.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: